T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I´m really new on all that! I just purchase a Laser Printer, I'm working with heat transfer paper.. I have had many issues, actually I'm wondering if I made bad choice...
I don't like the texture in the finished garment.. is very hard,
the colors are not really bright, is most like fading
and it have many limitations in the colors... I can´t no use white and bright color together... I cant use really light color little pastel colors..

well my question is what is the different between Heat transfer paper and vinyl... Maybe vinyl is better???

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm using the GO UNO printer
image clip paper Light and Dark
the heat press us HIX 600D
Maria, because of the heat generated by the laser printer, you need transfer paper specifically produced for laser printers. Check out this YouTube for your printer [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhHp7U2uhAk[/media]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Maria, I am sorry for your troubles. Hang in there and let me see what kind of recommendations I can make. ;)
That did not take long! Here is a link to the GO UNO LASER PRINTER specifications Go Uno Laser Printer According to the website, "...A Perfect Match for Neenah Transfer Paper..." Maria, from whom did you purchase the GO UNO LASER PRINTER?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Maria the OEM for your GO UNO LASER PRINTER is the OkiData C830. The printing technology involves a FUSER unit that technically "melts" the image into the media. Therefore, the heat transfer media you NEED is media manufactured to withstand the intense heat of the FUSER unit. I will forward media recommendations to you shortly.

·
Registered
702 Posts
For those of you that have done both, are there laser transfers that compare to the softness and stretchiness of inkjet transfers? Or is the thick feeling simply something to expect when using this process?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For those of you that have done both, are there laser transfers that compare to the softness and stretchiness of inkjet transfers? Or is the thick feeling simply something to expect when using this process?

Yeah Fenrir have a good point for me about the texture in finished garment.. is normal the thick feeling when I work w the laser printer?
or is because is something wrong in my job

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maria the OEM for your GO UNO LASER PRINTER is the OkiData C830. The printing technology involves a FUSER unit that technically "melts" the image into the media. Therefore, the heat transfer media you NEED is media manufactured to withstand the intense heat of the FUSER unit. I will forward media recommendations to you shortly.
I know I have soooo many questions.. when you talk about the media that I need, is the paper... ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The paper that I´m using is the Image clip laser dark, the one recommended for the printer vendor.
I wonder if the result that I have is just the average for this kind of system (laser printer- head press)... but I was expecting something different..
Is possible have soft, stretchy, durable, bright finish ( the black is not really black, is like dark gray) ... with the transfer system, or it is only that I can have with screen printing?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Of course, I have been doing that for the whole week.. trying to make it work.. doing all that They say to do;
playing with the different factors: I changed the colors in the designs, the temp, the pressure... but nothing work..
Like I said yesterday, I'm very frustrated, disappointing ..:(

I had many expectation on this ..

I'm just thinking maybe try another machine...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would love to have some pix that show how things are turning out. And possibly how it should look. Keep in mind you need to know how to take a "neutral" photo so that the pic is accurate.

It might help us.

Of course the feeling of the transfer, or hand as it's called, will still only be apparent to you.

Can you find some local shops that also have experience doing similar work? Most shops are sceenprinters, but I'm sure they have some knowledge of how the stuff is turning out. Maybe even the kiosk people in a mall?

It sounds like the water based ink system is the softest of the bunch. I have a lot of plastisol shirts which I like, so that's OK for me, but maybe not for everyone. Inkjet light transfers are different from inkjet darks and so is the laser.

Keep in mind that what a lot of the processes come down to is image quality and convenience and quantities needed. There seems NOT to be a one size fits all solution.

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.