T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find some info on the what makes a 'ringspun' shirt softer than another, or if it is just brand and style. For example, sanmar has this 'concert tee' that says 30 singles? I ordered up a sample and I find that the hanes nano is softer and it says it is made of 30/1\'s, which I'm assuming is the same thing as 30 singles. So why is one softer than the other? Does thickness play a role in this? The nano is 4.5 oz while Sanmar's concert tee is 4.3 oz.

Ultimately I'm looking for a soft, non-fitted shirt that is my go-to. The nano seems to be it but I wanted another option if I can't get the right color.

· Registered
204 Posts
I'm trying to find some info on the what makes a 'ringspun' shirt softer than another, or if it is just brand and style. For example, sanmar has this 'concert tee' that says 30 singles? I ordered up a sample and I find that the hanes nano is softer and it says it is made of 30/1\'s, which I'm assuming is the same thing as 30 singles. So why is one softer than the other? Does thickness play a role in this? The nano is 4.5 oz while Sanmar's concert tee is 4.3 oz.

Ultimately I'm looking for a soft, non-fitted shirt that is my go-to. The nano seems to be it but I wanted another option if I can't get the right color.
30/1 is the thickness of the yarn used to knit that fabric for the t-shirt what it make it soft is the kind of yarn in this case the nano is combed cotton and also the finish of that fabric is treated with softener to get even more softer touch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.