T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I am a newby here, I decided to buy a DTG kiosk 1.
what I want to know is the differences between kiosk 1 and 2.
and I read from this forum that dtg have issue with white ink. what is this issue about? and is there a solution to it?
I am new in this business, and any information that all you nice people :) can provide will be appreciated

thank you, peace :):):):):):):)

·
Registered
348 Posts
The best solution would be to get a WIMS system. This will solve alot of the problems. I have not had a problem at all because I use my printers day in day out and they are keep to a tight matainence plain. The Wims is easy to fit to the kiosk and the machine will fire on all nozzels everymorning no problems at all. You have made a good choice with DTG as I do alot of prints on mine and they just keep going and going.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone is going to have problems with white ink if regular maintenace is not followed. The white ink cannot sit in the lines. I'm with Adrenaline, I have 2 KioskII's and you have made a good choice. I leave them on so the WIMS can keep a head cleaning going. This keeps down a lot of problems.

Suzette70

·
Registered
348 Posts
WIMS (white ink management system) it is a white ink adjatator and a pump which purge pumps the white ink through the lines all the way to the dampers and back. There is a manafold running all 3 dampers of 1 line which is alot larger the the previous line and you only have 1 white ink bottle instead of 3. The ink gets stired for a period of time in increments set by the user and the lines and flowing all the time. This stops any settled ink and lines will be keeped clear up to the dampers. The dampers are a little larger the the CMYK lines to allow the 3 white channels to run of 1 bottle. The lines are all silicone and it comes with a flushing system as well for cleaning out damper and head only without having to do your lines (as you will not need too). The are a very good investment and will save you on waste ink and head replacement if you are not doing white ink prints everyday. I WIMS fitted and only do 1 nozzel check in the morning which gives me a perfect nozzel check and away I go printing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:)
Thanks a lot for you answer.

How much does it? install and eveything. where do I can get it?

WIMS (white ink management system) it is a white ink adjatator and a pump which purge pumps the white ink through the lines all the way to the dampers and back. There is a manafold running all 3 dampers of 1 line which is alot larger the the previous line and you only have 1 white ink bottle instead of 3. The ink gets stired for a period of time in increments set by the user and the lines and flowing all the time. This stops any settled ink and lines will be keeped clear up to the dampers. The dampers are a little larger the the CMYK lines to allow the 3 white channels to run of 1 bottle. The lines are all silicone and it comes with a flushing system as well for cleaning out damper and head only without having to do your lines (as you will not need too). The are a very good investment and will save you on waste ink and head replacement if you are not doing white ink prints everyday. I WIMS fitted and only do 1 nozzel check in the morning which gives me a perfect nozzel check and away I go printing.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
WIMS is an acronym for White Ink Management System and is not any specific thing. On some machines the ink agitator is part of the WIMS system, on others it may be an ink circulation system or a board that controls automated head cleanings, and so on.

Depending on where you are located - you may see different WIMS solutions available from your distributor.

Hope this helps!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts