T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I figured someone on here would know the answer to this as I don't have a clue. I ordered some injet II and Inkjet for darks from imprintables. Its nice b/c they are about 30 minutes away so I can pick up what I need. Anyways, so I have made a couple of shirts with them and the feel to the shirt is hard. I just started this so I thought it was normal. Well, I went to order from Dowling and they said they would send me some samples. I got them today and decided to go ahead and press them on my scrap shirt. The feel to them is unbelievable. You can't tell it was a transfer at all. The feel is just amazing to say the least. I'm have a digital mighty press(from imprintables) and am using the epson cx7800 per Lou. Is all transfers that I print going to feel hard like that or is it just the paper? I want the feel that Dowlings has. I'm making a big order through them on monday now b/c of it. Anyways, sorry for the book but it is just really bothering me that they feel so much different and I know that customers would like the feel that Dowling has but they don't always want stock transfers and sometimes might just want one that I could print out in no time. Thanks in advance for any advice or help that can be given.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
stellargraphics said:
Is all transfers that I print going to feel hard like that or is it just the paper?
It varies from paper to paper, but all of them will have some hand (i.e. feel at least a little hard). But yes, not all papers are created equal.

stellargraphics said:
I want the feel that Dowlings has.
Um, don't Dowling make plastisol transfers?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the plastisol transfers feel like there is nothing on the shirt? If so the where can you get plastisol that you can print on at home?

·
Registered
265 Posts
stellargraphics said:
So the plastisol transfers feel like there is nothing on the shirt? If so the where can you get plastisol that you can print on at home?
Plastisol is the ink used in screenprinting, which is generally regarded as the highest quality print you can get.
It's done with a screen press and a squeegee and chemicals and UV lighting and dark rooms and other enormous question marks that take time to learn.

You can't print a plastisol transfer with a computer printer. I wish.

Check the screenprinting forum for more info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey StellarGraphics, I am new to the transfer process as well. I would like to know what type of paper you like so much. Brand and distributor? Thanks for the tip! I am learning the products and vendors.

EZ

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys everyone. That pretty much explains it to me then. Plastisol is very good. EZstyle, Dowling Graphics is a very good company. I'm making a very large order through them tomorrow and they have treated me very well. They are very nice to deal with. A good thing to do is get a list of most of the vendors out there and have them send you some samples along with their books. Thats what I did and it really gives you a good idea as to who to go with. Hopefully that helps you out and thanks everyone for helping me out too. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't be having it as easy as what I do.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
cuush.com said:
Plastisol is the ink used in screenprinting, which is generally regarded as the highest quality print you can get.
It's done with a screen press and a squeegee and chemicals and UV lighting and dark rooms and other enormous question marks that take time to learn.

You can't print a plastisol transfer with a computer printer. I wish.

Check the screenprinting forum for more info.
There is also Dye Sublimation, Water Based screening inks, Discharge printing etc...all available to the screenprinter and very highly desirable. Plastisol ink isnt the only high quality print you can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts