T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little more information on the difference in pressing with these two inks. I purchase transfers from a supplier and he has recently switched inks. He sent me a 'change of pressing instructions' which has me a bit concerned.

I press at events. I can't wait for my press to go from 370 to 325 every time we switch a transfer type. I need to find a 'midlin' point for this.

Does anyone have some recent experience with both types of these inks?

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I'm confused, Grey. The inks won't press differently from each other. The folks using Durabrite and those using Claria are pressing at 375* for 30 seconds.

I have read posts where folks press at different temps from the standard 375*, but that is usually because something didn't work for them, like the shirt scorches, or something else funky. But which ink was used to print a transfer has never come up, in my reading, as a reason to change the press temperature. That does not make any sense. :confused: Is there more to it that I don't understand, or he just said he printed with Claria so lower the temp?

I know for a fact people are pressing Claria successfully at 375* if that is the case. I hope this helps you out some.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Although I don't use Epson brand inks myself, I have recently pressed some designs by someone that had used their own printers. Smaller design size with Durabrite, Larger one with Claria. Both were pressed for the same time, using identical temperature (180C) at the same pressure. There was no difference in the results obtained?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. That's what I needed to know. He sent me the 'directions' that came with the ink and it said 325-350 for 8 seconds.

I did talk with him last night and he pressed without changing his settings for awhile too with no issues. I'm not about to try to keep track of which of my 8000 transfers are what kind of ink. I have a mix now of laser/inkjet, from the last changeover. It's easy to identify the laser, but they press the pretty much the same as well, so it's not an issue.

Looks like the Epson 1400 is a pretty good deal right now, so we might upgrade here too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts