T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any advantages when using a heat press for one of these tees vs the other? Sorry about the petty questions, i just want to produce the best product i can with the resources i have available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't think that there is an advantage in the shirt itself. The vinyl or transfer does make a difference.

When I purchase custom decals they ask what type of material the shirt is made out of. I've had some transfers not stick properly, not adhere which really made me angry, but I think that it was not made for that type of shirt.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Are there any advantages when using a heat press for one of these tees vs the other? Sorry about the petty questions, i just want to produce the best product i can with the resources i have available.
Pro 100% cotton

Pro:

Dark color shirt does not have dye migration issue.
Cooler to wear. Softer hand.

Tight knit like Fruit of the Loom HD does not cause cracking as much as regular knit fabric.

Con:

Regular knit is prone to shrinking and transfer image will crack. Fibrillation also happens when the cotton fiber starts breaking down can will seem to appear color fading because some of the image will come off with loose fiber. Rougher finish. Stretches more.

50/50

Pro:

Does not shrink. Does not crack because it does not stretch as much due tight knit. Warmer to wear. No Fibrillation issue. Smoother finish.

Con:

Dark fabric has dye migration because the dye used for the polyester part will sublimation through the transfer. Dye migration will result with tainted color of the image that will take on the color of the shirt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts