T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I screen print on a 4 color RJennings press. It's a great press, but I have been thinking about upgrading.

About a week ago I saw a 6/4 press on craigslist for $600. I didn't know the brand, and kind of forgot about it.

A few days later I saw it again, and took a better look. It was an American Rototex 6/4 with side clamps. Asking $600 OBO.

I was ready to just go pick it up. I figured it would be a good upgrade, and I could keep my 4 color for flatwork, or whatever.

Called the guy, and of course "someone's coming to pick it up today".

If he wasn't on a crappy cell phone I would have got more information, and made an offer, but he was constantly breaking up.

I have a long history of NOT buying things, and I really need to break the habit. I've missed out on some really good equipment in the past year, and to be honest decent 6/4 presses for $600 don't come up every day.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I have a long history of NOT buying things, and I really need to break the habit. I've missed out on some really good equipment in the past year, and to be honest decent 6/4 presses for $600 don't come up every day.
Agreed....my problem is that when I do have the money there are no deals, as soon as I'm broke the deals are everywhere! LOL!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
sounds like you didnt do anything wrong other than not takling a more solid look the first time you saw the ad... the guy already sold it to someone else by the time you called. I do not see what his cell phone connection had to do with it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At that point it was probably gone, but I would have liked to asked what he sold it for.

If the guy low balled him, and I was willing to pay his asking price I might have been able to get it. Slim chance, but money talks.

Live and learn.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
my problem is I pull the trigger too fast. I bought a 6/6 vastex for a good price then sold it for the same price, in lieu of a nother supposed steal on a 6 color sidewinder, needless to say the sidewinder was an old precision sidewinder with wood pallets- 3 arms and no micros. Back to no manual in the shop-SH#%^!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it was the one around Chicago he sold it for $500 a reseller bought it and has it listed for $1850 now. Almost bought it myself even though it didnt "need" it.
NO ****!

That guy in Skokie got it up for sale FAST, because I saw it on his site yesterday.

That's what I'm talking about. I would have paid him the $600 he was asking for it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
You missed out on a deal! I had a rototex 6/4 micros, and sold it a couple months ago for $1800. Sometimes you just need to pull the trigger without much thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts