T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say to Rodney, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the T-Shirt Forums. This congregation of like-minded people is invaluable to me.

I have been a long time member of eBay... selling collectables and buying those hard to find items from all over the world. Yesterday, in an effort to ramp up sales and get our brand in front of millions of potential customers, I opened our first eBay store.

I have yet to fully stock the Dick Tees store, but would welcome the forum's niche critiques. I am in the process of finalizing the inventory and would like input from the board on the layout of the store and the auctions held within.

We are coming up on the first year of Dick Tees and our sales on the Dick Tees site have been great. We are simply trying to corner a market that could potentially get us greater brand exposure and target our general audience.

Thanks for your consideration.

Dick Tees eBay Store

·
Registered
387 Posts
Good Morning Jay . . .

Nice eBay™ store,
clean, loads fast and easy to read . .

only few things I would change..

1- add your phone number
2- delete this out --- These are available in other colors and sizes. Contact us for more information. ---
and replace it with your size chart -- OR -- list your links ...
out Dick Tees | Frequently Asked Questions | Sizing Chart | Store Policies | Contact Us
-- OR -- design your "about ME" page and list alot of your information there..
-- just in case you have a special for multi-purchases

there is a 'very' fine line with -- offering choice -- in an eBay™ listing
you can't say in your listing ... other colors and sizes available...

the jealous sellers out there are watch dogs, especially when you might scoop up some of their sales . .

and then #3
in your listing it states -- return any item within 7 days for a full refund
but below there in the -- return policy -- it states 14 days . . .
some little pain in the booty buyer might think you meant 21 days . . *ugh*~ . .

Diane

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Diane

Good catch on the refund policy. If I were a buyer I would probably have looked at this sideways too. Thanks for pointing that out.

This is the format I have been listing auctions for the last few months. I did go through a series of auction shut downs due to links to my web site and leaving the size option blank during set up. This listing seems to be suitable to their standards. Nothing is worse than tattle tails... ehm, I mean "watch dogs". Especially grown ones.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I particularly like your auction templates. Very clean, very professional, and do their job very well. I'm guessing from the code that they would work well on Mac or PC alike, and at any resolution. Your custom pages are also great. Given they're so nice, I think it would be good to try and drag a little of their design through to the main store page. Your auctions are A+.....the store front, which while fully functional, is a little....ummm...brown.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hey Jay, thanks for sharing your auction.

How's the eBay trip working for you so far? I thinking of heading in that direction and you look like you're doing a pro level job of promoting your brand there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rodney said:
Hey Jay, thanks for sharing your auction.

How's the eBay trip working for you so far? I thinking of heading in that direction and you look like you're doing a pro level job of promoting your brand there.
Hi Rodney.

So far so good. Our eBay store is getting a fair amount of traffic which has translated to a dozen or so sales over the last two weeks. I have a link to our site on our "about us" page (which I understand is eBay legal) but have yet to see much click throughs directly from it. I have noticed that we are getting more traffic from searches on "dicktees", "dick tees" and "dicktees.net" than usual... not sure if this is related to the eBay store.

The trick to getting traffic to your eBay store is to list several "live auctions" in addition to your "stock items". Stock items do not show up in searches for related merchandise, generally speaking. Having live auctions allow people to find your merchandise a lot more efficiently. I am sure you already know this though.

I am going to drop you an PM to let you in another phenom that has occured since listing on eBay.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
DickTees.net said:
I am going to drop you an PM to let you in another phenom that has occured since listing on eBay.
Is it that you resent losing that 8% quicker than you thought possible, perhaps? :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
monkeylantern said:
Is it that you resent losing that 8% quicker than you thought possible, perhaps? :)
If I am reading you correctly you are referring to eBay charges. If you read back at some of my posts you will learn that we are our own fulfillment company... meaning, we print to order. We get bulk prices on single shirts. Soooo, it costs us $2-$3 to screen print a shirt. We are in a win win situation. If it costs us 8% per sale to increase our sales by 10%-15% I'll do it. Sorry Rodney, I'm not gloating here about DickTees printing set up... I just thought I'd clear things up.

And no, to answer your question about losing 8%, that's not the phenom at all. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts