T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone-
I am a new member and found this web site through researching how to develop a t-shirt idea. This is the first time I've done this, but feel like I have a pretty good idea. Unfortunately, I don't even know where to begin. I'm hoping all of you knowledgeable people will be able to help me. I've got the idea for the screen print, however, would like to buy t-shirts where I can put my own label on. When I have searched for t-shirts wholesale, they all have labels in them like Hanes or Jerzees. I have an idea for my own label and would like to Register Trademark the label.

The questions which come to mind right now are:

1. Is this possible? Or am I just delusional?

2. If it is possible, could you direct me to a web site or company where I can buy the t-shirts along with my label idea either sewn or printed inside?

3. Is this a difficult process or is it actually doable? If it is doable- or will it cost me my life savings?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Jennifer R.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You will need to buy blanks with labels in them.

And seperately buy labels. Some companies for labels are:
- luckylabel.com
- clothinglabels4u.com

Then find a screenprinter who will relabel the shirts for you.

Alternatively, you could place a large order through a t-shirt manufacturer like royal apperal, and they will relabel their shirts for you as well. I believe you would still need to supply the labels.

The third way to do it (and the cheapest way) would be to remove the labels from a brand name shirt, and then to print your label onto the inside of the collar (like a tagless tee)...you could use any of the printing methods to do this.

You are not dreaming...this is very do-able.

·
2,957 Posts
Royal Apparel has a minimum of 60 shirts for relabeling. And yes, you must provide the labels.

I don't know if removing the label and printing is cheaper, though. If she is just starting out, she wouldn't have any printing methods herself. So she would have to hire someone to print inside the shirt, or invest in printing equipment. I think both are more than custom labels.

For a total cost of 50 cents per shirt, you could have someone remove the old label and sew in the new label that you have paid for. The cost of the new label is included in the 50 cents. That's pretty cheap.

Depending upon the materials used, 1,000 labels can be purchased for around $200. The removal of the old label and the sewing of the new label can be done for 25 cents.

Yes, Jennifer, what you want to do is very possible.

Welcome to the forums!

www.uspto.gov

www.royalapparel.net

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
ramirjc said:
1. Is this possible? Or am I just delusional?
Ambitious, but perfectly possible.

ramirjc said:
3. Is this a difficult process or is it actually doable? If it is doable- or will it cost me my life savings?
It's not difficult as such, and not so expensive as to cost your life savings (unless your life savings don't amount to much), but it is a multi-step process and it does involve sinking money that you may never see back (if the design doesn't sell).

All in all though, there's no reason not to pursue it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for everyone's assistance. I will continue to research. I have visited luckylabel.com, clothinglabels4u.com and royal apparel. Several of my questions were answered. I still am not sure of the cost of the tshirts through royal apparel, as I was unable to find prices. I went ahead and emailed the co., however, have not yet heard back. Any other web sites, I should visit? Also, what is a reasonable cost for a screen printer to put the design on a shirt? Thanks again. Jennifer R.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Also, what is a reasonable cost for a screen printer to put the design on a shirt?
The price will vary depending on the quantity you order, the color of the garment, the number of colors in the design, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts