T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am just about to Trademark my Name & Logo...

- If I am reading correctly I have to trademark EACH of them seperately? (yes or no)

- I am not going through a company - just direct: If I am reading it correctly does it cost $325 for the Name & another $325 for the Logo )$650)

- Another thing that kinda shocked me is: Is it true I have to "chose" what I am going print on and thats the ONLY thing that covers my trademark??? Example: If I trademark the name & logo they ask for what and I have to pick "Tshirts"?

- Does that mean I only own the trademark for Tshirts? They dont have a more Generic Choice like "Clothing"? (if so whats a good category?)

- Does that mean I have to trademark both again (another $650) if I want to print on Baseball Caps?

* If I am not understanding any of these correctly can you explain it for me please because I wanted to Trademark next week.

· Registered
671 Posts
Ok, I am just about to Trademark my Name & Logo...

- I am not going through a company - just direct: If I am reading it correctly does it cost $325 for the Name & another $325 for the Logo )$650)
Here are some basic facts about whether you NEED to register a trademark or not: Should I register my mark?

Are you just trying to register your business, or are you creating a BRAND name and logo. If you are trying to create a brand, then, it will be necessary to trademark both your name and your logo. There may be some instances where you might want to use your logo without the name, or vice-versa.

"Most U.S. applicants base their application on their current use of the mark in commerce, or their intent to use their mark in commerce in the future."

- Another thing that kinda shocked me is: Is it true I have to "chose" what I am going print on and thats the ONLY thing that covers my trademark??? Example: If I trademark the name & logo they ask for what and I have to pick "Tshirts"?
I don't believe you have to pick one specific thing, just relay everything you may be associating your logo with.

- Does that mean I only own the trademark for Tshirts? They dont have a more Generic Choice like "Clothing"? (if so whats a good category?)
I believe you need to pick a category for the type of business your mark will be associated with, so if someone did try to register a similar mark or name, the trademark attys can categorize and decide whether there is a conflict or not.
This document provided should help answer your questions: Basic Facts, Trademarks

· Registered
479 Posts
Ok, I am just about to Trademark my Name & Logo...I did my trademark on the USPTO site and here is what i found out.

- If I am reading correctly I have to trademark EACH of them seperately? (yes or no)NO
if your name is part of the logo. You can use the disclaimer and note that either the name and or log can be used apart from eachother.
- I am not going through a company - just direct: If I am reading it correctly does it cost $325 for the Name & another $325 for the Logo )$650)See above answer.
- Another thing that kinda shocked me is: Is it true I have to "chose" what I am going print on and thats the ONLY thing that covers my trademark??? Example: If I trademark the name & logo they ask for what and I have to pick "Tshirts"? You have to choose the class and pay for each class. Most if not all clothing is under class 025

- Does that mean I have to trademark both again (another $650) if I want to print on Baseball Caps? If hats are not under the same class, you just pay the fee for the class not the entire processing fees.

* If I am not understanding any of these correctly can you explain it for me please because I wanted to Trademark next week.
My answers are in RED
My answers are based on my past experience with my trademark. results may vary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.