T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a local screen printer here that my 4 color designs are to detailed for screen printing and I should use some type of transfer( heat ), is this true?

What would be the best way and cost effective way for me to produce these designs?

I have two designs done, i have shirts lined up this is the last piece of the puzzle, i hope!

jim

·
Registered
245 Posts
el guapo said:
I was told by a local screen printer here that my 4 color designs are to detailed for screen printing and I should use some type of transfer( heat ), is this true?

jim
While some real fine detail might be lost in screenprinting to fabric. The chances are most people will not notice. So without even seeing your design I have to say the above statement is not true. You just need to find a screenprinter that can handle it.

Below is a picture 4-color process screenprint on a white tee.
Is your design as detailed?

Mark

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
yep, printmonkey is right.
4-clr-process, it can be done by screen printers depending on your art etc.....

You do need to do large quantities to make it all worth it though.

If you have pre-booked orders for the designs printed on shirts already, screen print may be better.

If you don't, then transfers is better cause you will pay for the transfers only and print them on the blanks as you sell. Making sense ?

Also, 4-color process transfers. In most cases You will need to do 5,000 big sheets 25x38 to make it cost effective. You do get a photo type detail from them.

To go a step further with high detail, look into Lithograph type printing/transfers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
brucelines said:
I didn't know you could do gradients using screen printing?!?
Yes, gradients, fades whatever can be done with screenprinting.
Just a lot of shops only do spot color printing and will tell you it can't be done
as they don't have the know how.

Mark

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
el guapo said:
I have two designs done, i have shirts lined up this is the last piece of the puzzle, i hope!
jim
to be honest Jim, for the 4-color process transfers it works out better if add some more designs. This will fill up the sheet and they endup costing you A LOT LESS per design.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Like Mark said, a lot of different details and colors can be done with screen printing.

It's likely that your local printer doesn't know to create that effect. I'd search around for a new printer that can handle process printing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, yes my art is as detailed. I will try to down load one for you to see in the near future, for now i will try to look else where. A down side to a small town.
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts