T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Haven't been around the site for awhile due to falling off a mountain while rock climbing a while back, ouch. But we're back in business and approaching retail outlets to sell our tshirts out of finally. I have the Line Sheet all worked out (thanks to you guys) but I'm pulling my last hairs out trying to find a workable example/template for an order form. I've searched the forums as best i could, but it seems quite a few ppl are looking for the same. We're in desperate need of one because two different shops agreed to carry our line, but now they want an order form. I've searched on google, but nothing seems to make sense. Both shops are mentioning "payment terms" "NET 30" NET 90" and such being necessary on the form. I know i must sound like a noobe, but thats because i honestly am. I'll keep searching, but if one of you seasoned forum members have anything you'd like to share i sure would appreciate it. The opportunity i've spent the last 6 months working toward finally seems to of arrived, but now i'm reminded i still have lots to learn.

· Registered
8,807 Posts
I think you should just design your own..what some may use will probably not be what you want. I don't use such as I don't sell to retail shops....not many of us do I don't think. If you are ready and capable of doing hundreds of shirts, you might re- think your biz plan

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest charles, my partner was handling the business end completely. I'm just the artist/creator of the designs. Unfortunately he didn't survive the rock climbing accident i mentioned. Rather than let our dream die also, i'm trying my best to carry on. We were just selling online and at various festivals, so the wholesale order form wasn't even a topic of discussion. But somehow word got out and stores started approaching me during my recovery. Now i'm just trying to keep up.

· Registered
736 Posts
NET (time) usually indicates how long the store has to sell your product before you demand payment. If it doesn't sell at all they may ship everything back to you and refuse to pay. If not enough sells they may send back the remainder, if it sells well they may decide to keep it all and pay you. Their ability to reject your product and demand a refund/not pay you depends on a contract that you need to come up with. Some companies have the legalese on the order form, others want an application with references and contract with terms signed before they start accepting orders. Honestly, you would really be better off finding someone with a business degree, if not business law degree, to protect yourself.

· Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the advice everyone. I ended up Taking bits and pieces from the internet to make my own. Still not finished, but looking good though. Thanks again!
A lot of times even the stores will carry their own order forms, PO's etc. Ask some of the retailers that you know personally. And if they don't have a store order form to copy as a template they sure have order forms from the other vendors they use. Also, try selling to these same retailers that you know. They aren't likely to screw you over (hopefully)especially if they are in your neighborhood. People don't like to pay upfront for a product that has no track record. They may like it enough to buy it but that doesn't mean it will sell. So you give them net 30, which is a credit line of 30 days to pay. They pay their bill in 30 days AND the product sells, you've got something to build on. Even if it sells and they DON"T pay in 30 days, then you go pay them a visit.

· Registered
380 Posts
Thanks for the advice everyone. I ended up Taking bits and pieces from the internet to make my own. Still not finished, but looking good though. Thanks again!
Hey man! We are in the process of building a line sheet and order form and are having trouble getting some nice examples on google. Would you consider sending us yours for a little inspiration? Both the line sheet AND the order form. If you do not feel confortable with this maybe you could just send us some of the others that you got your inspiration from because we really do not know where to start... Thanks a lot!! [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.