T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Fresh,

I think vtec44 was referring to the program called Freehand since you are referring to programs. The main players are Freehand, Illustrator and CorelDraw for vector based images, which is usually preferred for text, logos, solid single or multi colored designs.

For raster based designs, you have a lot of choices. The main players here are Photoshop, Photo Paint and, well there are a lot of them. They all take a lot of practice to get good at them. You can even use something a s simple as Microsoft Paint. It all depends on what you want for a design. You can even design in Microsoft Word or WordPad or any number of text editors if you are concentrating on text based designs.

Whether you are drawing the art by hand or by computer, you will still have to be able to come up with a design and create it. As Rodney said above, the computer will not do anything by itself.

You can however use the computer to assemble various clip art into a design that you might like. You have to make sure you have the permission to use clip art for commercial purposes, and you also have to remain creative.

·
Registered
952 Posts
8 hours a day for 30 days is 240 hours of reading help files. That's the hard part. I think I would throw the whole computer out the window at around 200 hours. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.