T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm designing this shirt in Photoshop and it seems that I have a very simple problem but I'm obviously missing something. My printer will only print out 8.5x11" transfers so I need to be able to break this down into 4 different documents (3 for height's sake and 1 for the separate "A"). When I set my canvas size to a larger size I can't get my text to align with printing out onto 4 separate sheets and when I try creating individual documents, I can't figure out how to ensure the text to be the same size throughout. I'm using "Coalition" font and I have to free transform it to make it the size I want which is why I can't ensure its consistency in size. Is there a way to tell PS that I want all my letters to be 4" tall? That sounds like such a simple wish! :)

I've been messing with it for days and feel like there's gotta be something very simple that I can do to give my customer what he wants. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Attachments

· Registered
283 Posts
Hi, this is what I'd do, I have PS CS5 which displays open documents in tabs across the top. Make the PS file the full print size at 300dpi. Lay out your text as you want it. Make a new document at 300dpi at the size of your transfers (8.5x11"). In that new document, select all. Drag the selection to the original documents tab. Now in the original document (the one with your text all layed out), you have a selection that is the size of your transfer. Now copy each section and paste into new documents until you have all the transfers you need. Thats actually quite hard to explain but hopefully it is easy to understand :)

Another thing you could do is save it as a PDF and then print using the "tile image" option (or sometimes called "poster print")

· Registered
2,107 Posts
If you're doing this with transfers, why is it necessary to use 4?
Unless I'm missing something, why does the A have to be a separate letter?
If this is laid out in landscape, everything should fit on 3 sheets assuming the letters are all the same size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.