T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the tee industry and am looking around for good quality tees to work with. I am a graphic designer by trade and wanted to get a few designs out there on the open market, but unfortunately have never worked with screen printers before.

I come from Victoria, so some local suppliers would be of benefit, but basically if I could get a heads up on what I should be doing in the first place ie. looking for wholesalers or searching for screen printers, would be greatly appreciated. I have also noticed on the forums that alot of people talk about different suppliers, is there any of these that have shirts like Threadless?

I want to give the tee business a go as I feel that I have some good designs to be used in the market at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

Dallas

·
Registered
17 Posts
What I did was google (screen print supplies in your state and city. Then I called a few printers in the area they were very helpful for the most part.
Here are a few wholesale websites:

Wholesale t-shirts and other blank printable shirts at wholesale prices

BlankShirts.com - Wholesale Name Brand T-Shirts and Apparel

T-shirts, T shirts Manufacturer China, China T-shirts Manufacturer: Polo T-shirts | Sports T-shirts | Hoodies T-shirts | Long Sleeve T-shirts

Hope that helps just a little.
Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Xpressive Ink,

It might be a bit different as I'm from Australia, but I'll use the same sort of method and find out a couple of places to try...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Dallas,

We are kind of on the same boat. I'm a designer looking to get my work printed outside of publications and advertisements. I thought about looking into having shirts printed of my designs. I decide to look into buying my own equipment after I read this article in "Computer Arts Magazine". It was explaining how expensive it could get for designers to have shirts printed. It suggested that designers should start with having numbered and signed posters printed. The idea is that you don’t have to worry about printing enough of whatever size or paying for the shirts in advance.

It also said Cafe Press will post your work and print any orders it gets then send you your share of the sale. Plus you keep the rights to your work. I haven’t really looked into it. This might be something good for you.

I have been looking into the poster print business and it looks like you can make a lot more money printing on paper than shirts. I was looking at OBEY or Shepard Fairey stuff. His stuff is amazing. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Obey Giant - WORLDWIDE PROPAGANDA DELIVERY

CafePress: Unique, custom t-shirts & gifts to express yourself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts