T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a Design Your Own Shirt section on their site? Is it profitable?

BTW, there used to be an sponsor on this site for a company that develops and sells such software. Does anybody remember the name?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
This is one area that I think is pretty saturated by major players (spreadshirt, zazzle, cafepress).

However, I think there is still money to be made on a LOCAL level that would keep a business like that sustained if done correctly.

Cyberworx was the company that sold the software and advertised on this site, but they are going through a bit of a transition right now. Probably more news on that will come out in the next month or so.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney said:
This is one area that I think is pretty saturated by major players (spreadshirt, zazzle, cafepress).

However, I think there is still money to be made on a LOCAL level that would keep a business like that sustained if done correctly.

Cyberworx was the company that sold the software and advertised on this site, but they are going through a bit of a transition right now. Probably more news on that will come out in the next month or so.
That's right, Cyberworx. I actually liked their software.

I agree that there are major players already offering this, but I figure if you already have the visitor on your site, and they don't find what they want, perhaps you can direct them to your DIY. In fact, you have an advantage over the big guys, because you can ship it within 1 day, whereas they take several days to ship.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Spreadshirt also has a "design your own" shirt service that they license to people for a one time fee. You can also use their affiliate program to link to their t-shirt designer (if you aren't interested in doing the printing yourself).

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Clinton said:
Has anyone tried a Design Your Own Shirt section on their site? Is it profitable?
you would need to be able to make the shirts.

So if the customer wanted Pink Glitter Plastisol ink stars with navy vinyl text printed on 1 black shirt. How would you make that shirt ? :confused:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
T-BOT said:

So if the customer wanted Pink Glitter Plastisol ink stars with navy vinyl text printed on 1 black shirt. How would you make that shirt ? :confused:
You'd have to make the set-up have your actual limitations in place. White/Ash only for example, or 1-color only for darks with a vinyl cutter, etc. There's still a lot of flexibility in a custom t-shirt with some limitations in place.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Twinge said:
You'd have to make the set-up have your actual limitations in place. White/Ash only for example, or 1-color only for darks with a vinyl cutter, etc. There's still a lot of flexibility in a custom t-shirt with some limitations in place.
you are right.
thats why spreadshirt and others software is the best thing for what the poster needs. That is the market for such and the limitations that come with it are easy to live with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
T-BOT said:

I would only offer what I can make overnight. Straight-forward shirts and heat press.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
T-BOT said:
you are right.
thats why spreadshirt and others software is the best thing for what the poster needs. That is the market for such and the limitations that come with it are easy to live with.
I don't see any software offering on Spreadshirt's site. It looks like they offer a Design Your Own themselves but not a tool for other sites to incorporate.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
back to the profitable end of things.

if you can offer a Silver Glitter Plastisol ink skull in various sizes (a few hundred basic icons), all the materials (vinyl,flock,glitterdeco,holographisc, metallics,reflectives etc.) for custom cuts, the entire "aa" cataloge for example, plus full color digital printing. I would say "Design your Own" would be profitable and you can charge more $$$ too. :)

And anyone can do it really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts