T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Im new to this **** and have a brand in NZ called DSC that has been released about 6 months ago. I have been using T shirt templates and designing everything by hand then sending it to the graphic designer. I am wanting to get my own design software and know absolutely nothing in regards to what the best products are. Could anyone please help me? Any info you have would be much appreciated.

Peace
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Illustrator CS3... Photoshop CS 3...CorelX4... they are all good... and have 30 day trials... and range in price...
Gimp is open source and free and very capable...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dan thanks a lot for the answer I was thinking more along the line of free software that was capable if there is any available and was wondering where I could down load it from. I'm ultra new to the game so all your help is mych appreciated.

Peace'[email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are awesome thanks sooooo much G. On another tip is allstyle apparel a good brand of blank T's to run with and are there any goood alternatives?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
inkscape is also free, its a vector art program.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be annoying again as I'm new to this ish can I take a screen printer my designs from GIMP in a format that they can use or do I need a more reputable programme like photoshop?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i have not used inkscape and only used gimp a little... but you can d/l and try both for free... I d/l Inkscape a minute ago and im gonna check it out for myself... it looks good... and both should be able to save in the format you need for printing...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have been messing around with Inkscape and its really cool... i just saved a .eps file and .svg and it opened in Illustrator CS3...no problem... the tools are logically placed... nice

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Inkscape is a vector program like corel or illustrator, just not as many options. Gimp is a photo editing program for working with raster images, more like photoshop. It really depends on what type of files your screen printer requires to print your job. If raster is ok then gimp. If he wants vector then inkscape. It is my experience that vectors work better for printjobs then raster files.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your awesome Im only just getting into all this stuff so all your info is amaaaaaaazing. I'll try both of them and see how I go.

Thank you Bobbie lee yuurrrrr da ****.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts