T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to print an Alumni shirt for my old high school but the problem is if its a chest print around 11 inches wide do i have to make it that much bigger for sizes like 4 x

·
Registered
55 Posts
We usually do front designs 10.5 to 11.5 wide on adults. 12.5 if the customer wants the design big. In my opinion that size should be fine. if you have a lot more of the big sizes like 2xl and up I would make it bigger, but we usually have very little of those sizes in our orders and a lot more s-xl, so we concentrate on making those look right as far a sizing the design.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree with Raul,
I did a job last month with 90 shirts from T2 (toddler)-XXL.
Using the same artwork for the whole job we used artwork that was 265mm wide and was as close to the arm seams as comfortably possible.
They looked massive on the T2 and a bit small on the XXL.

You can pull it off depending on the design.Box's and circular desings tend to float a lot on bigger sizes i find.
Tell your client that it will look a little weird on the larger sizes or they can get 2 diff sized artwork.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Justin,
depending on the design, we usually use the rule of thumb of "half the width between the seams." Measure the front of the shirt between the shoulder seams (armpits) and round up or down to the nearest inch. Depending on the length of the design also. We do vinyl so it is easy for us to gang our designs by shirt size and plot them off. Hope this helps. Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts