T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have small question about designing please assist me if you know.

I want to allow my customer to send me there design then i will do the design on T-shirts using heat transfer vinyl method.

What are the rules i should let them know about their designs to be ready for to fit for HTV so i just put the design on cutting software, because i don't have much experience with Photoshop, etc.

Thank you

· Registered
622 Posts
Can't do HTV unless it is a vector graphic. Most people have no clue about those. What happens most often is you get a raster image and have to redraw it. Few can work Illustrator, CorelDraw or have even opened Inkscape.

You could insist on them only giving you vector. Most just can't. A compromise might be an additional charge to rework raster into vector, otherwise you will just have to bite the time needed to redraw them yourself, or work it into the final price.

HTV is far easier when doing one color. Each color adds to the complexity of the transfer. Setting a max color limit might be a good idea. Maybe providing a list of HTV colors you have would be good. Some designs are near impossible to get to go onto a shirt with multiple colors no matter what. HTV will shrink some when it hits the hit press. It's a thing you learn with experience when this is likely to happen, but things like outlines that press up against another color might not do well. You have to take this into your design consideration.

In the end, it might be best to produce the designs yourself. Few people know anything about vector graphics, besides the people that rely on them. If you are making the design, then you will know its viable. You can take design suggestions from customers, but as it will have to always be a vector graphics, and you have to restrict the color count and make designs that can actual be transfered, you would have to send them back a design for approval, that might be close to theirs, or might be far off. If it is far off, it might be a better design or a worse one in their minds. It is almost certainly going to be a more practical one.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply, actually I'm using plugin but it has art upload as an option and i want to leave that for who have his own vector design just as extra service i want to provide.
So i want to put some rules to be more clear so i will reject less order.
I'm thinking of 4 colors max
And open SVG files to be uploaded for advanced users only

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.