T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what if i want to sell tshirts but i dont know how to create designs. I dont know how to draw nor do i know how to use photoshop or Illustrator. how do I get designs for shirts that i want to sell?

·
Registered
950 Posts
You can also sell a lot of text based designs which of course are very popular.

In fact, if you were to do text t-shirts, all you really need is a word processing program like Microsoft Word or even WordPad, set the page properties to landscape, type some text, color it some color, print it onto a sheet of transfer paper and press it onto a white or ash colored shirt.

You can also work with various clip art collections, many of which allow you to use the clip art to create various designs. Most of the time, clip art collections state that you cannot resell the clip art as some other knock-off clip art collection, but you can use them to create a product.

(Hint), most of the clip art collections you see on eBay are probably stolen from other legal copies of clip art. You can buy a legal version at any computer store like Best Buy or Computer City, or most office supply stores etc. (or just find a legal copy on eBay)

You can combine clip art or add text to it, or just use it as a starting point to help you draw out what you really want.

It all depends on what kind of t-shirt art you want to sell, but this could be a way to start.

Another thing to consider is that art is subjective. Maybe not being able to draw very well could work to your advantage and give you some pretty interesting and unique designs. Just draw something no matter how bad you think it looks. Then trace it with a big black Sharpie marker, scan it into your computer, maybe add some text, add some color, print it onto a transfer and press it.

You might be surprised at what you can come up with.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good advice Skullshirts.. you wouldn't know of a website that sells pre-printed designs and can also customize designs, by any chance:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skulltshirts1 said:
I would suggest looking around for pre-printed designs that you can purchase and then print the shirts yourself! Or you could hire a graphics designer to make you some designs.
Thank you for the information

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I bet if you have an idea and pass it on to one of the trusted people here you could get a design. What I hate about buying pre-made transfers is that they are being used by everyone. get a cheap program. Try to do some of the designs you have in your head. For me designing something new is half the fun.. if you need help I would be glad to work with you. One thing you can do is go to a place like Xara.com and download a 15 day trial of xarax. That will get you started,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Another option would be to find a freelancer on getafreelancer.com. Though the site is used mostly for programming and other tech related stufff, there are people on there who do nothing but graphic design. Just post your project, wait for the bids to come in, and look for someone who has lot of positive feedback. I'm currently using someone from the site to design my logo.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Also, you might try getting in touch with the art department at your local university. Those are pretty good places to find hungry artists willing to work for cheap (um, not that I'm advocating taking advantage of them!). There's always some talent there waiting to be discovered...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts