T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the design of a shirt. I would like to start a tee design company, but I am not an artist an would simply be putting original, stylish, thought provoking words, or phrases on quality tee's. I have about 25 words/phrases to start with and plan to add 1 a week. Do you think it is a good idea to just use words as the design for your shirt, provided that you still place words/ phrases creatively and attractively?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for your answers, they make me feel a lot more secure with my ideas, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I'd say go for it :) In my opinion, text based shirts, if done right can be just as artistic as fancy graphic t-shirts.

I think text based artwork works well with the canvas (t-shirts). One of my favorite t-shirt designs is just a black t-shirt with 3 words on it. But the choice of font the message, and the t-shirt used combined make one great t-shirt :)

Not all text based t-shirts are great, and some might say that a few are even a waste of ink. But if done right, with the right marketing, you can do fine :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts