T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m designing some topography tshirts and wanted to know what you all thought of these designs and if you have any advice. The topography maps are extracted from satellite imagery, so they’re accurate depictions of the topography of famous mountains.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I've seen designs like this for sale by various Etsy shops and other places, so not exactly a new idea, but what is. They are sort of cool, but my main criticism of the ones I've seen is that the lines seem too thin, which may be difficult to print well, besides not being as visually compelling as maybe they could be if tweaked somehow. I suppose most (all) of these people sourced their topos from content intended for online viewing or printed maps, all of which can better render thin lines.

Note, most (all?) of the shops I've seen selling these were using POD for printing and fulfillment, and using mockups in their listings. So I've not seen one of these in person to see how well it can be DTG printed, but mockups always look perfect, regardless of the actual product. Which is all to say, that you might want to consider making the lines a bit thicker.

If screen printing, there are practical limits to line thinness as well, but it depends a bit on the inks and fabric. Regardless of all that, I think they would look better with thicker lines.

As to whether they will sale? I suppose they do some, but like most things, there's not currently a shortage of people trying to sell them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts