T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using CorelDraw X3 printing to Epson 4880 using Wasatch RIP software - must have a setting wrong - using pantone solid colors, but design on mylar has dots, like half-tone. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Are you printing the file as separations or as a composite? If it's a composite, that's why you're getting the halftones. To get a solid spot color you've got to print a separation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you printing the file as separations or as a composite? If it's a composite, that's why you're getting the halftones. To get a solid spot color you've got to print a separation.
I was trying to print without clicking on print separations, because it is a simple single color design. I'm pretty new to this, so I'm probably missing something basic. Do you always print separations? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
If you print a color without separating it to it's spot color, the printer will try to approximate the "tone" of it in grayscale. You also need to make sure it's a true spot color that you're trying to separate, and not an RGB or CMYK composite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts