T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was approached by the local football team to make their 'Spirit Wear' this year. I worked with a friend of mine that was in charge of getting the shirts and created a new design for them, since they didn't like what they had last year. I also created an order form for them to use. Well, apparently her child decided to play volleyball instead and she passed her duties on to someone else. I have not heard from the person who is now in charge. I've talked with my friend, and she seems to think they took my design and went to another printer, who is friends with the now woman in charge. What should or can I do about this?

· Registered
2,135 Posts
Hello. I was approached by the local football team to make their 'Spirit Wear' this year. I worked with a friend of mine that was in charge of getting the shirts and created a new design for them, since they didn't like what they had last year. I also created an order form for them to use. Well, apparently her child decided to play volleyball instead and she passed her duties on to someone else. I have not heard from the person who is now in charge. I've talked with my friend, and she seems to think they took my design and went to another printer, who is friends with the now woman in charge. What should or can I do about this?
I would try to contact the "new woman" find out what is going on, and express that the artwork they have was created by you and was never paid for.....see what she says. If indeed they have went with another printer with your design I guess you could get huffy and threaten them but in reality it would require going to court to prove your point. A good rule of thumb never give out print ready art, and always include a copyright on your proofs.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.