T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
delta aparrel v/s gilden or jersey?...
looking for opinions..i bought some black shirts and they don't seem as dark as others.the prices are good and customer service seems good.and its close to me so i can save on freight.

· Registered
8,374 Posts
I have never used delta, but the jersey I have used were lighter than gildan. So were the Hanes beefyT. Which was bad cause I have a local source for Hanes and had to get 3 shirts to complete an order and I hated having mixed colors in the box.

· Registered
875 Posts
I print for a friend who provides me with Deltas, he said they fit better after washing, little shrinkage. I didn't like them because the neck looks like a mock turtleneck!! Way thicker neck than most brands.... I mostly use gildan 2000's.

· Registered
831 Posts
I print for a friend who provides me with Deltas, he said they fit better after washing, little shrinkage. I didn't like them because the neck looks like a mock turtleneck!! Way thicker neck than most brands.... I mostly use gildan 2000's.

I'll have to check all my delta shirts now. i never noticed the difference in their neck compared to other brands (gildan/hanes/etc). Interesting.. I've printed over 3000 Delta shirts and never noticed.. I'm wearing one right now and still don't see it! :)

· Registered
8,374 Posts
If you are worried about shrinking of you have a conveyor dryer just send them though once on each side that should take care of most the shrinking. I do this with all fleece type products.

· Registered
831 Posts
The deltas are pretty good, but it depends on the run. I don't Dry on high heat ever as that setting (cotton setting) is not for clothing. I usually dry low heat or hang dry and I have still had shirts shrink before. Their fashion fit shirts I've had shrink up really really bad (and sideways), but I've also had tultex fashion shirts shrink sideways and up too.

Their 6.0 oz heavyweights have the least shrink. The 5.2oz shirts I have had all of mine shrink even on low heat setting, but they added length to the shirts in the last year or so and that seems to help.
Most shirts I own have shrunk at some point.. which is why I am glad I print so I can just refill my closet when needed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.