T-Shirt Forums banner

Decent Discharge ink available in the UK (Preferably)

5K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  tsw69 
#1 ·
Hi, i've been using Virus Discharge inks for over a year now (VIRUS water based quality printing inks)

I'm now completely sick of the inconstancy of the ink, some prints turn cream, sometimes the ink dries in (into a 71t mesh!!! This stuff apparently goes comfortably up to a 120t mesh... ) One of the coloured inks discharged about 80 shades lighter than it should have, even after complaints to the stockist who sent me a premixed colour, same issues.
The yellow and orange eat at my emulsion for some reason and discharge patchy and darker in areas, my emulsion is perfectly suitable for discharge inks, and every other colour (white being the most used) has no issues on the emulsion. Sometimes after mixing the activator in the ink goes bitty and stringy and a bizarre consistency, i've even had unmixed ink separating out, going off and growing mould.. The only explanation i've had for some of these problems from Virus is that Discharge printing is inconsistant and you never know what you're going to get, which is ridiculous..

Either way, i've had it with this ink. Can someone please suggest a really good discharge ink that is waterbased (not solvent) and available in the UK, preferably a 'consistant' ink, whatever that's supposed to mean.

I don't even care if it's a UK or US ink, i'll track a supplier down, someone just suggest me a damn good discharge ink please! Even you US folks.

Thank you in advance.

See less See more
#10 ·
Yeah thanks mate, just sent them an email, hopefully i can get it in the UK easy enough, a lot of these decent inks people get in the states are incredibly hard to come by over here, we're still using TW 1000, cant get the 5000 series anywhere over here.

#15 ·
Drying in the screen and molding are problems general to waterbased, not specific to Virus. Plastisol won't do either of those things.

I did some testing with Virus discharge, and it seemed the same as the Matsui I had used before, except the Virus turn black cotton light tan while the Matsui turned it light grey. Else I couldn't tell much difference. But that was just a bit of testing.

However, the inconsistency you experienced over the course of a year is certainly reason enough to look for something different.

Ryonet has a UK site and they carry Green Galaxy, though I think everything ships from the USA. GG is from Canada. I've used the white, but not with discharge.

#16 ·
Thank you, i've a Skype meeting with Bobby from Green Galaxy today to discuss availability in the UK since nowhere stocks it and they say i can get it here... great.

The issues aren't really drying in an moulding as that's be expected of Discharge, it's just that sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. I can live with the white ink, it's not much of a problem causer, it's the coloured discharge inks that are terrible to use and completely all over the wall with how good a pot is.

I'll look into Matsui i think Union make a brand too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.