T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating whether to get into the dye sub market. Everything I read says it's a huge market for wearables and other items. I think I have some areas now with shirts where I can use it, but I need to make sure I'd make my $1,300 investment back fairly quickly. Originally I was thinking the large format epson, but now I saw the Ricoh GX7000 that looks great. If I get it, should I spend the extra cash to go up to 13 x 19?
On the fence and need someone to push me to one side or the other.
:D

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
agree that the GX7000 is the better one...anything larger is a waste unless you have a larger press...and while there is $$ in dye sub...you will not make your $$ back quickly...there is a learning curve and you will make mistakes and have to re-do some items...also best if you are operating a store front

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have had Epsons. Very frustrating. Many, many, many clogged heads, recycling, clogging, etc. I love my GX7000 with bypass tray! I leave it for days and it never clogs. Love it, love it, love it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I don't have a store front. I do job by job for various clients. I'm going to the ASI show in Chicago next month so I will see if they have a special show price. Even though I don't operate a retail store, I can see where I could use dye sub over regular transfers and other types of printing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.