T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a nice retail shop and then doubt stepped in. do I have enough time to print enough shirts to fill a store? Are my designs aslone enough to cover all the trends to satisfy the diverse customer base Austin TX has?

Then I thought wait, I know thousands of printers who could help me. Would any of you be willing to do consignment or another low risk arrangment?

I am picturing this. The store will sell nothing but T shirts, all kinds of styles trends and price ranges, so there will be something for every type of shopper. Have the store setup in themes to match the shirts in that area and also plaster the walls with orignal artwork.

I know everyone thinks their idea is great, but thats why I am posting here for feed back. So 1do you think this is a good idea and 2is it something you would consider?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
9,952 Posts
We have a very good store out here that has a main floor with blanks, AAA, ProClub and Pro5 and then around the edges and walls are printed shirts.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
assuming you know whether or not if your location is viable enough to attract customers, i think it's a fun idea. if i had a brand just starting up, and felt as if you were trustworthy, sure, i'd probably send out a couple of shirts to be put in your store.

the problem is shipping, imo. on shirts that you can't get $25 for, how does that work?

i think it's a fun idea, but there are a lot of technical issues to work out unless you're willing to split the cost of production and make these yourself.

as far as business models actually goes, hm, it's probably not the best in the world, but you might make it work if you stay creative with it. you'll probably be hit up with orders, so are you willing to do the bowling league's when they come in? :)

and you'll need accessories, too....

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the problem, I would still want to do custlm orders. And no other items, justshirts, thats the nich of the shop. For as helping with production cost no, I would pay shipping one way, there is flat rate shipping so that should not be a big issue.

I would not ask or require a printer to print new shirts, this is for like things you have printed in the past and just could not get rid of.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.