T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Example: I have a client who orders 200 items for their staff. The staff individually place their orders and it all gets put into a spreadsheet which then gets sent to my printer when finalized. Printer finishes the job and two items are misprinted. Naturally, I need these items since each employee ordered individually.

I know spoilage is a thing but I need the items. Is it reasonable to ask the printer to reset the press, reorder two items and print on their dime? What's fair? If I were to ask them to print up two shirts normally they would be charging me for setup, ink, labor... It's going to eat into the cost when it wasn't my fault.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
They usually do a very good job. They told me that the screen broke and misprinted the two items in question.
It doesn't matter what the excuse is... misprinted shirts should never be sent to a client.
If you supply your own shirts however, you should always supply a few extra to allow for spoilage, otherwise the fault is on you and you should pay for the re-printing setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts