T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am in the process of dealing with customs about a large shipment from India. Are there any tips any of you would give me as far as this business goes? It is my first time doing it and I want to be as much prepared as possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Alban

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think this goes without saying. I wold be upfront and totally honest. The Homeland Security people are pit bulls( as they should be). I would say be upfront and tell them this is your first shipment and don't want to make any mistakes and ask them for some guidelines. I would think they should have a list and just make sure you follow it to the letter.I'm sure know most of this, but sometimes hearing it makes more sense.Good luck and best wishes. ... JB

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you expect to import frequently, you might find it best to secure a customs broker and leave it to the professionals. For sure, ask your overseas factory to give you information about their security guidelines. Common C-TPAT questions will cover if the factory is in a secure, gated location, if cargo containers are sealed, if your shipment once it has been packed was kept in a secure locked area, is there security personnel to prevent unauthorized access, is shipment transported in a sealed vehicle, etc.; basically they want to be sure it could not have been tampered with.

Lots of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts