T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this site and couldn't really find an answer about people's day to day procedures with regards to selling shirts. What I'd like to know is how your routine goes. For example:

7am: Check for orders that came night before/morning
8am-9: Respond to emails. Package shirts. Make Labels.
10am: Send out UPS/USPS/FEDEX
12pm: Meet with buyer
1pm: Pick up shirt order from printers
2pm: Quickbook invoices
3pm: Pick up the kids

I'm small (non-existent) right now and my shirt site will be up soon...but establishing a routine is important to me even if no one knows about my stuff yet.

And for those smartypants out there- you can leave 'brush teeth,' 'take a crap,' etc., out of your routine. That's just a given already.....hopefully, lol.:p

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Many of us have online businesses, so our shops are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Working for yourself is radically different to working for others. There is no 'set routine' as such. People buy products, you supply products and if that means being up past midnight, then that's what you have to do. My own working days start at 6am and often extend past 8pm.

If your business isn't totally flexible, you can lose many customers.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DreamGlass. I'll be in some stores AND online so I just wanted to see how most of you make it work. I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old, so it's not like I sleep anyway. PERFECT!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I am pretty sure I even work in my sleep sometimes. There are never enough hours in the day to get it all done, and the to do list never seems to get any shorter.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I agree about the need to be flexible. I think its important to have a schedule that adjusts to your current needs. I constently rethink my schedule because I often have rush orders or potential customers who need a lot of email responses in order to get the order pushed through. I like your organization though. I've been reading about how to improve productivity and some of the key points are: do difficult tasks first, batch small tasks together, delegate and eliminate the time-wasters and distractions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts