T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm looking to get a specific blue mixed. I've so far bought my ink from daveroper and saw that they have a dedicated pantone mixing section, and they even sell the 13 colours separately, Great!

Does anyone know if there is software he provides with the inks to actually tell you how to mix them to get the colour you want or are you cimply left to just do it yourself and hope for the best. I shot them over an email asking. got a reply with them just offering to make the blue for me for £90 + vat + shipping and that I'd need to buy 5 liters minimum. A tad overkill for the 47 shirts I need it for. I asked again about the software etc and that I'd like to be able to mix my own colours accurately etc but never heard back again.

Does anyone know if there is software supplied or available online? Or even if it matches on of the ones at iccultramix.com?

right now Id rather not have to buy all 13 colours at once and just pick up the 3 or 4 I need now and add to them later as needed.

If dave roper isnt the place to go can anyone recommend a better one? ideally not art2screen as they are just too slow to deal with.

cheers

· Registered
233 Posts
What is the pantone colour?

Most companies will only mix up in 5 litres.

If you are intending to screen print, and print to pantone matches for small quantities, you will need to learn to look at colours and how they are made.You shouldn't rely soley on a computer to formulate a colour.50 t-s, you only need half a litre, if that.

Your pantone book will give you an idea of the colour mix. If you don't have one, buy one.

You will find that their are 4 main blues that you should have,reflex blue and navy blue, and also process blue in a base colour and a trichomatic ink.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the pantone colour?

Most companies will only mix up in 5 litres.

If you are intending to screen print, and print to pantone matches for small quantities, you will need to learn to look at colours and how they are made.You shouldn't rely soley on a computer to formulate a colour.50 t-s, you only need half a litre, if that.

Your pantone book will give you an idea of the colour mix. If you don't have one, buy one.

You will find that their are 4 main blues that you should have,reflex blue and navy blue, and also process blue in a base colour and a trichomatic ink.
i know they only mix in 5 litres. I don't want it mixed for me though. When it comes to matching a pantone having "an idea" isn't good enough. It needs to be spot on, and thats where software helps massively. It combined with the ink are designed to match colours exactly. If a company isn't going to provide any software then I'm not interested their pantone system. I'm all for mixing by eye for most jobs but not when a specific pantone colour is specified.

it was around the 630c mark. Not in the office so cant check for definite at moment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.