T-Shirt Forums banner

Dark Transfer Paper bleeding while printing Epson printer

1558 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  rockybalboa
We are using a Epson 14000 series Stylus photo printer and have been for a while now with very little problems but now we have a big one. We have recently started printing dark transfer shirts but if they are too detailed or have white wording with a dark background the ink bleeds while it is printing. Have tried upping the dpi and changing the type of paper but nothing has helped, so far. We also went back to the design and changed the font size but still the same result.

PLEASE someone tell me you know how to fix this. Thanks in advance!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I have some, but I've never used the paper for darks, but every one that I have is a 2 part paper. You print on one part and then attach it to the white part of the other and then put it on the fabric. Are you using pigment inks in that printer? Dye ink isn't good for transfers and the 1400 uses dye ink.

A couple of years ago I was trying a different kind of paper for lights and the ink looked like it had sat in water and ran and blotched. I'd never seen anything like that before. Whatever it was I won't ever use that kind again!
We are using a Epson 14000 series Stylus photo printer and have been for a while now with very little problems but now we have a big one. We have recently started printing dark transfer shirts but if they are too detailed or have white wording with a dark background the ink bleeds while it is printing. Have tried upping the dpi and changing the type of paper but nothing has helped, so far. We also went back to the design and changed the font size but still the same result.

PLEASE someone tell me you know how to fix this. Thanks in advance!
Hello,

Have you managed to fix this?

Same problem here!

Thanks.
Hello,

Have you managed to fix this?

Same problem here!

Thanks.

Sorry we weren't able to find a solution to the problem and we have actually stopped printing them all together, coplaints that the picture peels off after washing a couple of times. The best thing we could come up with while printing with this problem was to stand there with a can if air and dry it as it printed, wasted a lost of canned air and time. Good luck!
Sorry we weren't able to find a solution to the problem and we have actually stopped printing them all together, coplaints that the picture peels off after washing a couple of times. The best thing we could come up with while printing with this problem was to stand there with a can if air and dry it as it printed, wasted a lost of canned air and time. Good luck!
Sounds bad. :-( Thanks for your response anyway! ;-)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.