T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, still strugling here with dark transfers...

Does anyone tried the Dark transfer paper at coastalbusiness.com, are they good...http://www.coastalbusiness.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=290....and which one should I choose, so many choices...

Or if any other place recommended for opaque transfer, please let me know...except from www.tshirtpaper.com , I cannot order from them, they dont send outside USA and Canada...(based in New Caledonia - South Pacific)

And with opaque transfer, what settings should I use for my heat press...

Thank you so much for your time

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got a sample of Jet Light from them and, maybe it is just me as I am a newbie, but I couldn't get that paper to work very well at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doby, thanx for the reply...maybe should try somewhere else then...so what paper did you end up using ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
missdzign said:
Doby, thanx for the reply...maybe should try somewhere else then...so what paper did you end up using ?
Like I say, I'm a newbie and still searching. That paper at Coastal might be good and I'm just a fool. I posted the problem on the board here, but no one responded, so I take it it wasn't a good paper. Oh, one guy said he used it, but never said how it was. He now uses the Iron All that he and others here recommended: the kitchen sink sample pack from newmilford.com. It is $5.99 for 15 sheets. 5 I believe are dark and 10 are two different lites they carry, one being Iron All that was strongly recommended as stretchy and ironable.

I just yelled down at the UPS guy who I thought had my paper! Noooooo! So, I'm in the same boat as you...trying to find paper. :)

I'll try to keep abreast and post my findings, if I don't bore everyone to death with my lengthy posts! :)

-Newbie Doby

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Doby, thanx again for the reply...seems to be really hard just to find good papers, but yeah I think it's always like that for evryone at the begining...as im a newbie too...

I will try few places first and decide which one to go with...thanx again...

Gud luck with all your projects.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Hi,

Please give us (CoastalBusiness.com) a call at 800-562-7760 and we would be happy to send you out samples of our transfer paper. Also, our knowledgeable sales staff would be happy to answer any questions that you might have about our paper or the process of applying transfers.

Thanks,

Coastal Business Supplies, Inc.

·
Registered
111 Posts
coastalbusiness said:
Hi,

Please give us (CoastalBusiness.com) a call at 800-562-7760 and we would be happy to send you out samples of our transfer paper. Also, our knowledgeable sales staff would be happy to answer any questions that you might have about our paper or the process of applying transfers.

Thanks,

I forgot to mention they sent me the Jet Lite sample pack for free, and I do appreciate it. I did call for info like why this doesn't work, and they read back the printed directions that came with the paper. Not very helpful. Very nice, but that didn't help the situation. If they wanna answer the questions here, that would be interesting: Why, no matter what combination heat setting or pressure, prepress or shirt type I used, did the transfer not come off the paper? I've asked this question about a hundred times and there does not seem to be an answer. I know yer paper's free but my shirts I ruined weren't. It was listed as "new product." When I called, they could not tell me if anyone else had a similar problem or anything. I have yet to talk to someone who has used it, satisfactorily or not. Being a newbie, again, this could all be my fault, but it would be helpful if someone would answer a direct question, rather than reading back a form I already had. It only frustrates and confuses me more.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Doby said:
I forgot to mention they sent me the Jet Lite sample pack for free, and I do appreciate it. I did call for info like why this doesn't work, and they read back the printed directions that came with the paper. Not very helpful. Very nice, but that didn't help the situation. If they wanna answer the questions here, that would be interesting: Why, no matter what combination heat setting or pressure, prepress or shirt type I used, did the transfer not come off the paper? I've asked this question about a hundred times and there does not seem to be an answer. I know yer paper's free but my shirts I ruined weren't. It was listed as "new product." When I called, they could not tell me if anyone else had a similar problem or anything. I have yet to talk to someone who has used it, satisfactorily or not. Being a newbie, again, this could all be my fault, but it would be helpful if someone would answer a direct question, rather than reading back a form I already had. It only frustrates and confuses me more.
Hi,

I just did some testing with the Jet Lite paper and had success with both 350 degrees for 18 seconds and 375 for 18 seconds (medium/firm pressure). I found that the paper peeled best when removed from the heat press as it is a little hard to get a hold of when flat and tight on the bottom platen. If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call at 800-562-7760 and ask for Keith. Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
coastalbusiness said:
Hi,

I just did some testing with the Jet Lite paper and had success with both 350 degrees for 18 seconds and 375 for 18 seconds (medium/firm pressure). I found that the paper peeled best when removed from the heat press as it is a little hard to get a hold of when flat and tight on the bottom platen. If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call at 800-562-7760 and ask for Keith. Thanks!
I printed the two sheets. One I used right away and it kinda worked, but left ink on the paper. Two days later...exact same conditions...the paper was printed two days ago...the ink refused to come off the paper. That was my problem. I already called your company and their response was to read me the directions over the phone that came with my paper. It might help everyone here if you answer the query here. I may be doing something wrong and your paper is perfectly fine. It was humiliating to have someone read directions over the phone that I already had sitting in front of me .

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I already called your company and their response was to read me the directions over the phone that came with my paper. It might help everyone here if you answer the query here
As Keith suggested, it might be best if you contact HIM directly using the information he provided. That will help you get your specific solution.

It doesn't sound like everyone is having problems with the paper, but Keith seems to be trying to help you out with your situation and work out the kinks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rodney said:
As Keith suggested, it might be best if you contact HIM directly using the information he provided. That will help you get your specific solution.

It doesn't sound like everyone is having problems with the paper, but Keith seems to be trying to help you out with your situation and work out the kinks.
I have yet to hear of anyone using it successfully or unsuccessfully. I posted a couple times asking if anyone one used it. One person said they did but did not post results. I like the Iron All it worked great. The other light paper from new milford had the results as jet lite. Ink stuck to the paper and not the shirt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys thanx for all those reply, but still didnt answer my question : which opaque transfer paper should I go with ? And what settings for the heat press ?

Thanx to coastal business for the presence here, I will contact you as soon as I decide what to go with. But maybe you could answer one of my questions here, do you send overseas via UPS or any other courier service ?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
missdzign said:
Hey guys thanx for all those reply, but still didnt answer my question : which opaque transfer paper should I go with ? And what settings for the heat press ?

Thanx to coastal business for the presence here, I will contact you as soon as I decide what to go with. But maybe you could answer one of my questions here, do you send overseas via UPS or any other courier service ?
Hi, our most popular opaque paper is the Coastal Inkjet Opaque Paper. It is probably the most popular opaque paper on the market. Lot's of people know of this paper as "Blue Grid" opaque paper as the backing has a blue grid on it. The Jet Dark paper is also a good quality paper, but not quite as popular as the Coastal Opaque. We do ship overseas via UPS & FedEx. If you call in one of our customer service reps would be happy to work up a freight quote for you. Also, we can send samples with your order of all of our papers. Please let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Doby said:
I have yet to hear of anyone using it successfully or unsuccessfully. I posted a couple times asking if anyone one used it. One person said they did but did not post results. I like the Iron All it worked great. The other light paper from new milford had the results as jet lite. Ink stuck to the paper and not the shirt.
Hi Doby,

Thanks for emailing us regarding our other papers. I will get samples of all of our inkjet papers for light garments out to you today. Please allow at least 1 week for the samples to arrive as they are coming from St. Louis and are shipping via USPS.

It sounds like there is one key element of the Heat Transfer process that you are missing or needs to be tweaked a bit. Feel free to give me a call so we can discuss this further or we can try to get it straightened out through this forum. I have a couple of questions for you:

1.) Are you using a heat press? If so, what time and temperature are you pressing at? And what brand of heat press is it?
2.) What kind of printer are you using?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
You can also try opaque paper from newmilfordphoto.com, they ship internationally and seem to be recommended here alot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
coastalbusiness said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Hey! I really enjoyed talking to you! Thanks for the chat! Looking forward to getting the paper! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts