T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a dark iron on transfer paper for a dri fit ( stretchy) shirt. I have looked for iron-all but they seem to be mia. I also have try to search for jetpro soft stretch but they seem to only have the light color shirt soft stretchy poly and blend transfer paper. The dark trnasfer don't say it's for a stretchy maerial. I have a hot pink shirt and was wondering if I could use the light tramsfer paper on it? Would it be considered a light tshirt or a dark t-shirt? If anyone can help me locate the dark shirt transfer paper for dri-fit active wear that would be so helpful. I'v been at this for hours now and am having no luck.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, but I have a heat press. My main issue is finding that IronAll brand dark transfer paper for spandex, active dri fit material. They seem to be out every time I check the rare site that has it. Even if it's a similar product...does anyone know? They make tons of it for the lighter fabrics.

· Registered
307 Posts
Check with Coastal business supplies, one of the sponsors on the left of this page they have for dark shirts.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope unfortunately they don't have any and don't know when they are ever getting any. I did find a very cool company that I am ordering through called Transfer express. They have everything

· Registered
307 Posts
Yeah the cad-printz will work from transfer express, that will stick to anything

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe you could help me with something else. When I send my graphic to transfer express. They told me they have to put a white outline all around my image. Ok so I have a tennis racket and wanted the lines to show up on the racket. But they are telling me because they have to outline everything, the white outline will make where the strings would show up as just a white circle. Is there any way around this.

Since the shirt is a magenta, I would like to have the background of the shirt show through, with white strings. I'm not completely understanding why they need to outline everything.

· Registered
307 Posts
Because they use a print cut process and the have to put a cut line around the design, I was told the same thing but for an additional 20 bucks they will cut it flush or even with the design. I had to pay the 20.00 because I didn't want the outline around my customers design. Not sure if the customer would have went for it, would have changed the look of the design.

· Registered
307 Posts
What I mean is the outline is around the entire design is what they leave unless u pay extra for them to cut it. Now the lines inside the racket they should be able to cut they just have to weed that out so you have lines and the shirt material underneath. would be easier if you posted a pic.
But I think that's what you want and they should be able to do it.

· Registered
162 Posts
I think the weeding is the point. They don't want to have to weed small spaces and jagged lines so that's why they leave the white outline, unless you pay more (I have the same type of equipment they do, so I know what's involved.) So, if you set up the design so that the space between the racquet strings is the same color as the shirt, you'll get the appearance you want without any problems.

· Registered
307 Posts
If you have the same equipment then why don't you just print it yourself? The product they use is solutions opague sold by Stalhls not cheap but it's very thin or have Roland send you a sample of their product for t-shirts.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Guys,
laz0924....I attached a pic of the logo I put a pink background behind it so to resemble how i need it to appear on the shirt. With white strings and the back showing through. So they said they need to put a white outline, from what I envisioned it's pretty thick, around the entire object. I did move the tennis ball out otherwise it would have been white between her face and the ball.

So Knehmer...
They said they wud have to outline each string making it completely white inside. He did say I could outline the strings in same color as the shirt, but they would still have to outline the strings. If I did put in the magenta back ground like you say would the strings still need to be outlined?

So not sure how that would make a difference if I understood him right. I was thikning maybe only have 8 strings in total criss crossing. But they told me it would still be a white outline and therefore fill in white. maybe the raquet is just too small for the look I want.

Also running into the same issue for the neck of the racket. It would be open to see the shirt. They said that would be white as well.
I guess maybe I need to merge together with racket make it one object and make it black.

I guess I'm not understanding why they need to outline every object. Once I get the transfer sheets we then have to cut out the logo from the sheet right?

And yes they did say they would charge me $20 to do the outline in the color of the shirt, but that still doesn't solve my string issue...I don't think.

I'm a little confused with this whole process.

· Registered
307 Posts
The outline is 1/8" thick but they can eliminate that for 20 bucks then u still have the problem of the tennis racquet What if u made the inside of the racquet same color as shirt then the printer will not print where the strings are it will come up white as that is the color of the vinyl

· Registered
307 Posts
The white outline is not going to work with your design, do you have a vinyl cutter that contour cuts?

· Registered
162 Posts
The outline is for cutting purposes... If you are happy With having nothing cut from the racket, hence the idea of printing the inside of the racquet lines the same color as the shirt, there
should be no problem. I think they are thinking you still want vinyl cut around the racquet strings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.