T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Here is a short list of OPAQUE/DARK INKJET HEAT TRANSFER PAPERS and some of the different names they are sold under.

....and please feel free to post any papers that are not on the list.:)

I hope this helps all of you wonderful people here on the T-shirtforums! :) ....because you all have been a GREAT help to me!!!!!!!

OPAQUE/DARK PAPERS (FIVE that I have in hand , so far)

First will be the what the ORIGINAL backing of the paper looks like.
Then, the manufacturer.
Then, the ORIGINAL name of the paper from the manufacturer.
Then, under each title the "re-named"(if applicable) paper and seller.

1. VERY WIDE LIGHT GREEN GRID on back
MFR: Various Japanese paper manufacturers
"PAROPY" (trademark name given by the master distributer JOTO Paper INC.)

Inkjet Dark---------------------JOTO Paper INC.
IW inkjet for darks-------------Imprintables Warehouse

2. ORANGE GRID/lines on back
MFR: NEENAH

"JetOPAQUE" (trademark name)

"Alpha Gold for Darks" (?) -----------Alpha Supply Co.
(Alpha Gold is printed on the back in ORANGE, no lines at all....hence the question mark)

InkTra Opaque---------------------STAHLS
Jet Dark----------------------------COASTAL
Jet OPAQUE------------------------Paper Ranch
(the above "Paper Ranch" opaque paper has/had green lines)

JetWear Dark----------------------Tshirtsupplies.com :)
(formerly named "Jetdark")

3. BLUE GRID /blue grid on back
MFR: ARKWRIGHT

"BLUE GRID" (trademark name)

Color Jet III----------------Beacon Graphics
Color Jet III----------------Specialty Graphics
Color Jet III----------------Specialty Materials
Blue Grid Dark or Dark ----- New Milford Photo
Image Jet Opaque ---------Pro World INC.
InkJet Opaque ------------COASTAL
Jet Dark II---------------- Paper Ranch
Jet Opaque----------------Condé
JetWear Hi-Gloss-----------Tshirtsupplies.com
O-Jet---------------------MIS Associates INC.

Blue Grid -----------------Transfer Paper Canada

Is the below paper a POSSIBLE BLUE GRID PAPER??
(I do not have this paper on hand)
Paper from BLANKSHIRTS.com
AWDKAll Weather - Dark
Single-Step InkJet Transfer Paper – for transfer to dark or bright colored 100% cotton fabrics. Can be hand ironed or heat pressed. EASY to use, excellent brightness and color retention after washing. Blue line on back. New and Improved replacement for JWDK
(so...is this BETTER than orange line???)

4. IRONALL FOR DARKS (white backing)
MFR: IYA Technologies
"IYA DARK" (trademark name)

JetWear IYA Inkjet Transfer Paper ------Tshirtsupplies.com
Hyatt Transfer Paper for Darks ----------Blank Shirts
Everlast Dark Transfer Paper------------Coastal Business
Clearsoft or ImageJet Dark Inkjet Paper--------------Pro World
Ink Flex Dark---------------------------Specialty Graphics
Super Soft Transfer Paper for Darks-----Starline Pacific/Pacific Graphics/Starline Agencies
HIS Inkjet Transfer Paper for Darks------All Image Printing
jetFX Dark-----------------------------Art Van Go

R.A. Smart (UNITED KINGDOM)
TecSys s.r.l. (ITALY)
Aram & Hagop Company (JORDAN)
Graficad Creation Inc. (PHILIPPINES)

HYATT Innovative Solutions - This website keeps an updated list of alot of suppliers and the name of the paper they sell it under:
Hyatt Innovative Solutions

This is a link to an Ironall Dark/IYA Dark thread dedicated to suppliers of this paper:
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t59419.html

5. Grey Grid/lines on back
MFR: NEENAH

"3G JET-OPAQUE" (trademark name)

JetWear dark premium"------------Tshirtsupplies.com
3G JET-OPAQUE---------Coastalbusiness.com
3G JET-OPAQUE--------specialty-graphics.com

Ok....that's all I have! PLEASE ADD TO THIS LIST!!!!!:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
re: Dark OPAQUE Inkjet Heat Transfer Papers Names - and the "other" names they are sold under. (pls help add to this list)

excellent work, Mrs. Bacon. Thank you.
Queen Diane

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: Dark OPAQUE Inkjet Heat Transfer Papers Names - and the "other" names they are sold under. (pls help add to this list)

please always remember.... The companies CAN(and some do!) switch out paper and call it the same name!!!!
ALWAYS ASK!!!! "is this "so&so" paper...what is the original name?"

If they do not want to say...... I always go and ask mike! (and I 99.9% of the time shop with him anyway!!) :)

·
Registered
197 Posts

i remember ordering some double green line transfer paper and recieving something different. i called and was told it was the same paper just didnt have the green lines on the back. i used it and it got the same results as the double green line..so i guess it was the same paper. this was years ago so i dont even remember where i ordered it from.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

lol....AND....sometimes that "back-mark" is changed while the paper is the same!!!

...this makes it so hard and confusing to really KNOW what one is getting!!!

So far, LOU and Mike will call their paper what it is!!!
...AND if someone does not know and asks them.....they will tell them the truth as to what the paper is!!!
(thanks guys!!!) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts

Who are Lou and Mike? What is their business name? Sounds like you are happy dealing with them so I would probably deal with them too. :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

Who are Lou and Mike? What is their business name? Sounds like you are happy dealing with them so I would probably deal with them too. :)
LOU = badalou...the t-shirt godfather of the forum!!!LOL love ya lou!
HEAT PRESS ESSENTIALS,tee Square it, Logo it, teflon sheets, T Shirt Transfer Paper. JPSS. Jet Pro SofStretch

and

Mike from tshirtsupplies.com.....the most kind and helpful business friend I know!!!
Heat Transfer Paper, Inkjet heat transfer paper & Dark Transfer Paper at TShirt Supplies

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

There is also the Forever Line from International Coatings.

Forever Ink Jet Dark
Forever Subli Dark 201
Forever Laser Dark.

International Coatings

The only one of these i have tried is the forever ink jet dark. i find it has a fairly soft hand and good stretchability.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

There is also the Forever Line from International Coatings.

Forever Ink Jet Dark
Forever Subli Dark 201
Forever Laser Dark.

International Coatings

The only one of these i have tried is the forever ink jet dark. i find it has a fairly soft hand and good stretchability.
cool thanks!
"Forever Ink Jet Dark" is the only inkjet opaque on your list above.....what is the imprint on the back?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

It has Written in yellow Forever Ink Jet Dark textile transfer paper for dark Garments separated by yellow double arrows.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

hmmmmmm.....maybe it is Neenah's "Jet-Opaque" ???????

I do not know.....????
I will have to find this out somehow.....

If anyone knows please speak up..... :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

It is manufactured by International Coatings go to their site and check it out, as far as I know that is the only name it is sold under.

International Coatings

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

It is manufactured by International Coatings go to their site and check it out, as far as I know that is the only name it is sold under.

International Coatings
...I will check it out.......

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

yes...I have heard that they are a "European MFG" ..... I now would like to order some samples to see just how good it is!!! :)
I hope it is as wonderful as they describe it to be.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

International Coatings
Dan,

Do you use all 3 of their paper versions??...
Forever for inkjet printers?
Forever for sublimation ink?
Forever for laser printers??

If so , how do you like them???

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

I use the Forever INK jet Dark. I have tried all the opaque papers in the coastal sample pack. I printed a shirt with each brand of opaque paper in that pack and one with the forever ink jet dark. I then let my wife wash them like she would any other laundry. after 8 months of washing and wearing them the only one that has survived in shape is the forever shirt. It has a slight wrinkling when it first comes out of dryer but as soon as you wear it a little a couple of minutes the print returns to normal. After 8 months it was still looking great until my wife washed some new black dress shirts along with the load and the ink on the dress shirts bleed causing the color of everything in that load to darken. I was bummed it was one of my favorite shirts. Oh well I will have to print another one. So yes I am happy with this paper and they have some great videos on the International Coatings web site.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

...now I just HAVE to try it!!! :)

Thanks for all of the great info Dan!!!!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

LOU = badalou...the t-shirt godfather of the forum!!!LOL love ya lou!
HEAT PRESS ESSENTIALS,tee Square it, Logo it, teflon sheets, T Shirt Transfer Paper. JPSS. Jet Pro SofStretch

and

Mike from tshirtsupplies.com.....the most kind and helpful business friend I know!!!
Heat Transfer Paper, Inkjet heat transfer paper & Dark Transfer Paper at TShirt Supplies
Thanks for the kind words. Lou

1 - 20 of 64 Posts