T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

So glad I found this site...I need your help!

To begin, I've started a t-shirt business with a few friends in Toronto, Canada and since Feb. we've done a couple of trade shows and have done relatively well. I'm looking for comments and suggestions from a "broader market".

Our store is at http://www.ooglie.com/store

Your comments and suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm not sure how to go about marketing online. Should I go with an ebay storefront?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello,
Very Nice Site. I looks very "Simple" but it is well designed.
We are in Nova Scotia. The only thing I would suggest is looking at US dollars instead of Canadian. We have found over the past 5 years that most of our customers are either Americans or from England etc and are more comfortable with US dollars. Just a thought..

Good Luck..

Dave
www.myphotogift.net

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,

Ask and I shall receive eh? Thanks for responding! We decided to keep it at Canadian dollars because we figured most customers will probably be local for the first little while. But I will keep your suggestion in mind. :)

Thanks Dave.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi ooglie, your shop and designs are great!

I agree with Dave that you should include USD pricing. Now that you're selling online, there are no more "local customers" :) There are a lot of internet users and t-shirt shoppers in the US.

I would also suggest that you add more sizes to your lineup. I wanted to buy the Postcard - Men t-shirt, but you don't show XL as being available. That's a very popular size, especially in the US (as you grow, you may want to think about adding XXL as well).

Best of luck with your store! Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Ooglie! I'm in Toronto too! :) I've had a few cafepress online stores going for about 6 months now, they're international (American ;-) you might want to look into that just to test the market for your designs in US dollars. There are other online services available, see the forum here on this board.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
First thing I see is that you should shrink your flash intro page down. 300k is really rather large for dialup users, and it even took a fair while to load on my DSL connection. Also, I see you have a bunch of stuff commented out in the index html. That's stuff that has to be downloaded too, and it should be removed (you can keep a backup that isn't the actual loaded page of course) since it's not being shown anyway.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I would say to get rid of the flash intro page all together. It does nothing to help the shopping experience for a t-shirt shopper. It just slows them down or adds an extra click from that all important "add-to-cart" button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts