T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know where I can find a silouette of a dancer doing a high kick? My customer does not want a ballerina, and I just can't find anything else.....

many thanks in advance, Jacky

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have you tried Wikipedia Commons?

I did a quick search for ballerina, and found some stuff. I didn't pay attention to any of the licensing stuff for the pics I looked at.

·
Registered
95 Posts
IStockphoto.com has a few. I just did some shirts for a majorette squad and ran across a few dancers while searching clip art for that order.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all your suggestions - I have found something she'll accept. The problem was that she really didn't want the ballerina look - more the hip-hop look - and that is kind of hard to find.

Anyway, I have yet another dumb question (is anyone keeping count? :eek:)

That's what I would do, or just threshold it til it won't threshold no more

What does this mean? How would I 'threshold' a photo?

Jacky

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks guys for all your suggestions - I have found something she'll accept. The problem was that she really didn't want the ballerina look - more the hip-hop look - and that is kind of hard to find.

Anyway, I have yet another dumb question (is anyone keeping count? :eek:)

That's what I would do, or just threshold it til it won't threshold no more

What does this mean? How would I 'threshold' a photo?

Jacky
What are you using to edit photos? Do you have photoshop or gimp?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have either...I haven't done anything with photos.... just clipart. Is that why I have no idea what 'threshold' means? (in this context).

Jacky

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh, it pulls all the color and shading out of a photo and makes them solid black and solid white, no grays or shading or anything. You may have something like it in whatever photo program came with your computer. MS photo editor or something like that might, it's a pretty basic function.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there anything like it in Corel X3? It sounds like something I could have used...because I found all kinds of photos of what she wanted, just no clip art, and I need to cut it for vinyl.

Jacky

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not sure if you can do it in corel, if you can't, you can in GIMP, which is a free download, and will probably come in handy alot.

Here's a picture of a dancer, and the same image thresholded

[media]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c109/octagonicologyst/dancer.gif[/media]

[media]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c109/octagonicologyst/Untitled.gif[/media]

Definitely cuttable.

·
Registered
214 Posts
No problem. You could probably open it in corel and mess around with the image to clean up the edges. GIMP works in raster images, where as corel/illustrator/inkscape work in vectors. So the edges on the outputted photos from gimp may be a little pixely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts