T-Shirt Forums banner

Dampers Neccesary?

[DTG HM1] 
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Don-ColDesi 
#1 ·
Are Dampers Neccesary? I don't believe T-jets have dampers.

#2 ·
On the hm1 dampers are neccesary. It has either the regular damper or the cartridge system. These are what filters your ink, without them you will get clogging. Hope that helps.

#5 ·
That is because they have completely different types of printheads on them. I am not sure whether the kornit or brother have them but I do know that those two machines have different printheads and are not epson based.

#7 ·
Has Andbody tried Priting with out Dampers.
The dampers regulate the ink flow as well as filter the ink prior to it entering the print head (as Sunny said). A second option is a cartridge based CISS - these can be effective if they do not contain a sponge in them which will break down, which a fair amount of them do. Reality is that you need one or the other to regulate ink flow and to filter the ink. Because they are filters they do need to periodically be replaced. Running the lines straight to the head without dampers or cartridges could be equated to running on the rim when you get a flat. It may work for a while, but eventually you are going to do more damage than you bargained for.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.