T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I took the plunge and have so far spent around £1200 on heat press equipment and plotters, t Shirts etc.

Have just managed to get a friend to assist me with carrying my heatpress upstairs (Weighs 50 Kilos odd), unpacked it all, removed the pallet from the bottom and have noticed a relatively large dent on the top.
Now it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but the heat plate looks very miss aligned.
Video of the issue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGhTvjp5n1M&feature=youtu.be

Would you guys say this is a going to be a pain in the *** to use? Should I bother returning it? I have no packaging - tore the original packaging to remove it from the box, it's also very heavy and will need to arrange a friend to assist me.
Should I just suck it up and keep it?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did the shipping box indicated that it had been mishandled or damaged? If not, I would contact the company you purchased it from. Yes, if the top heating plate is not aligned with the bottom plate, it will create problems. I should be replaced. You might be able to have the supplier send you another and allow you to ship back the damaged it the new box. The may charge you for the second unit until they get the damaged one back at which time they would credit you back. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Hey, so I took the plunge and have so far spent around £1200 on heat press equipment and plotters, t Shirts etc.

Have just managed to get a friend to assist me with carrying my heatpress upstairs (Weighs 50 Kilos odd), unpacked it all, removed the pallet from the bottom and have noticed a relatively large dent on the top.
Now it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but the heat plate looks very miss aligned.
Video of the issue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGhTvjp5n1M&feature=youtu.be

Would you guys say this is a going to be a pain in the *** to use? Should I bother returning it? I have no packaging - tore the original packaging to remove it from the box, it's also very heavy and will need to arrange a friend to assist me.
Should I just suck it up and keep it?

Thanks guys
I would personally return it, but I guess it depends on how much you paid for it and how much it will cost to return it.
My guess is that it's still usable, but the only way to know for sure would be to try it.
First, I would remove the top cover and check the heat plate for cracks.While at it, hammer that cover as close to the original shape as possible.

Then perform the pressure test using this method https://youtu.be/1B3PwyGlDqM?t=59 BUT repeat the pull test once the pressure is adjusted. You should have even pressure, otherwise plate is bent and the press is scrap metal.

If pressure is even, switch it on and test for even temperature.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the shipping box indicated that it had been mishandled or damaged? If not, I would contact the company you purchased it from. Yes, if the top heating plate is not aligned with the bottom plate, it will create problems. I should be replaced. You might be able to have the supplier send you another and allow you to ship back the damaged it the new box. The may charge you for the second unit until they get the damaged one back at which time they would credit you back. Just my thoughts.
Hey, thanks for the reply.

There was a few dings and dents and a bit of damage that indicated it had probably been dropped or mishandled at some point but nothing major that indicates it had been done in shipping. Hopefully the seller (MonsterShop) will be decent and replace it, few bad feedbacks on eBay stating that the buyer ended up instructing a private solicitor to recover funds etc but yeah hopefully it'll be okay.
Will try call them tomorrow, have messaged them to see what they say aswell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would personally return it, but I guess it depends on how much you paid for it and how much it will cost to return it.
My guess is that it's still usable, but the only way to know for sure would be to try it.
First, I would remove the top cover and check the heat plate for cracks.While at it, hammer that cover as close to the original shape as possible.

Then perform the pressure test using this method https://youtu.be/1B3PwyGlDqM?t=59 BUT repeat the pull test once the pressure is adjusted. You should have even pressure, otherwise plate is bent and the press is scrap metal.

If pressure is even, switch it on and test for even temperature.
Thank you!
Yeah I think I will return it, too much hassle to be taking it apart and stuff especially when it was a new machine. Was just hoping it'd be an easy fix and I could re align the plate or something without too much hassle and that'd be the end of it.
Was a nightmare trying to get it up the stairs, I have a curved stair case :mad:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
good plan

better to return it, than to find out after warranty that something is amiss from the damage

·
Registered
253 Posts
Unfortunately I think you're going to be very lucky to receive a resolution to your satisfaction.

If there was no obvious external packaging damage (if there was then you'd refuse to accept/sign for delivery until you examined it & also document the unboxing with the carrier as a witness) then the damage was caused neither by the carrier or your supplier, but in fact the manufacturer has packaged it damaged without concern for quality control, which would also imply the manufacturer won't accept blame nor exchange it.

eBay is rife with cowboys & eBay is an extremely delinquent sheriff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts