T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you printing high speed (bi directional)? does it do it if you print in uni directional mode?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Help! Anyone know why when I print black I get an overspray of cyan around the edges of the print.
:(
Thanks, Elite

From Michael in our Support Department:

Keep in mind when you print black and it goes through the RIP it becomes a CMYK black, so other colors are present in it.

One condition could be the printhead is too far away from the shirt.

Another condition would be incorrect environmental conditions (low humidity) causing dry ink to accumulate on the underside of the printhead, resulting in the cyan firing out at angles (misdirected) instead of straight down.

This would also indicate the capping station/wiper not functioning correctly.

Visually inspect the printhead for ink deposits on the bottom (put a mirror or CD underneath it to get a good look). Verify the height of the head when printing (3 mm is the norm).

Also, make sure that the machine is not by a fan, air duct etc. that can cause airflow around the printhead, possibly drying the nozzles.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Harry and Inked2012, I checked the head highth and it is good, I am printing 720x1440 not HS, the room temp is cooler than normal around 55-60 deg but don't know what the humidity is, I will need to get a humidity indicator. No air movement in the area. I'm pretty good about cleaning the head but I will do a good cleaning on it.
Thanks again I will check those items and let you know if it fixes the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts