T-Shirt Forums banner

Cutting Vinyl

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DTFuqua 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon guys,

I have a LP 24 and I am just learning to cut with it. Now I need to know how you apply the vinyl on tshirts. Is there a certain way you must load the vinyl on order to have it tshirt ready and also how do you add pitures so that the cutter can cut that as well.? PLEASE HELP!

#2 ·
With t-shirt (heat applied) vinyl, you must mirror the image before you cut it.

Artwork must be in vector form to use the cutter (eps...ai...cdr...etc.).

However, it also needs to be "vinyl ready" depending on what you want to cut. For instance, you can't just cut a line that you may create with your pencil tool. It has to have demension (height and width for example). For lines, I usually just use the rectangle tool and creat a long thin box.

Hope that makes sense....

#4 ·
95% sure this is the correct way, at least for un-printed vinyl. If you get a vinyl for printing on, you will (most likely)print it straight forward and make cut lines around the picture and any letters,words,symbols that aren't attached to the picture. This is the same as with opaque inkjet transfer paper too. At least the ones I have tried as they are just sheets of printable vinyl with a backer, IMHO.Good luck.
Terry:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.