T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Roland GX-24 cutter that we use to cut vinyl. I'm the embroidery division, so do not use the cutter.

I have a customer who wants SECURITY in reflective material across the back of a jacket. I found the material at Madeira, but don't know if it's on a carrier sheet or not. My plan is to cut the letters and applique them to the jacket.

If the fabric does not have a carrier sheet, what do I need to use for a carrier sheet? Can I use a piece of carrier from vinyl or is there a special carrier sheet? I have a Cricut sheet, but am thinking that will be too thick. I have KK100 that I use in my embroidery business.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
You can use a transfer tape for printable HTV or maybe a high tack transfer tape for vinyl. You should also get the super sharp 60 degree Clean Cut blade. Do some test cuts to dial it in and do multiple passes on it if needed. We do it with our VersaCamm. We used 1 pass, 5 cm/sec, 200gf of pressure, offset at 0.500

·
Registered
768 Posts
We have a Roland GX-24 cutter that we use to cut vinyl. I'm the embroidery division, so do not use the cutter.

I have a customer who wants SECURITY in reflective material across the back of a jacket. I found the material at Madeira, but don't know if it's on a carrier sheet or not. My plan is to cut the letters and applique them to the jacket.

If the fabric does not have a carrier sheet, what do I need to use for a carrier sheet? Can I use a piece of carrier from vinyl or is there a special carrier sheet? I have a Cricut sheet, but am thinking that will be too thick. I have KK100 that I use in my embroidery business.
Reflective HTV should come on a carrier sheet. You will cut it mirrored, the carrier sheet will then be the "transfer tape".
For the setting to cut it on your plotter, have the person/people that run the plotter cut this for you. They should be to dial in the settings to your particular setup.

As binki said, a 60 degree blade would be better. If this is all the HTV your doing then just cut it with the blade your using currently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.