T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam currently running a Roland CJ500 print and cut and a Epson Stylus 1400. My roland will not read reg marks from another printer other than what it produces. Can I trick it with X and Y alignments. I hope someone out there has a solution. Its been driving me crazy.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could if I wanted to load sublimation ink in my Roland, But I use the Epson 1400 with sub. ink. The roland is old style legacy (CJ500 ). The manual states it will not read reg. marks from another printer. It has something to do with the margins, the file, I have went as far as reproducing exact reg marks in Illustrator printing the file off in the Epson, sending the file thru Roland Color choice and setting up the optical eye to find the reg marks. It does not recgonize them. The only success I have had was to measure X and Y. With trial and error I was able to get a decent contour cut from the Roland around the image. It was painstaking. I really hate to think I would have to go thru all these steps every time.

· Registered
3,503 Posts
yeah i still get confused when i contour cut. i don't do it alot. the marks have to be the precise size and in the currect position from the edge of the page and in realtionship with one another. but going into the crop mark section you change change the postion bt typing in new variables. do a couple test cuts till you get the hang of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.