T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been trying to cut this on sign vinyl. (tinkerbell.gif)
I just am not getting it.
I have cut several things but guess they haven't been this complex (at least seems complex to me).
I traced as line art in corel x3.
Not sure if I need to weld, simplify or if anything.
Welding makes a mess of it.
Simplifying not sure as I don't see any changes but that doesn't mean anything.

What do I need to do do to be able to cut things like this.

In my cutting software I tell it to cut around and outer most countour . Using SignGo

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
You might need to be a little more specific with what you are trying to do. Are you trying to contour cut it? Or cut it so it looks just like the drawing (made of lines)? Also what exact problems are you rinning into when you try to cut it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
In you'll need to edit the nodes to clean it up. it's the icon under the arrow on the left.

use the arrow and select the area of the image you want to edit. then click the node editor and adjust your nodes by selecting them and either deleting, which needs to be done alot with corel tace, or deleting some.

the type of vinyl your are using sometimes dictates the line widths and amount of detail.
with t-shirt vinyl you can get a bit mor detail out of an image due to the sticky nature of the stuff. with sign vinyl (Oracle) you may need to thicken some areas and simply delete others like very small stars, or make then larger.

this is something you will get the hang of, it just takes practice.

good luck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
At what size are you trying to cut it at?

Are you just having problems with getting the GIF to trace out in your program or is your cutter making a mess of the vinyl when cutting?

I've converted your GIF to a vector using Illustrator's LiveTrace, see if that works out better for you:
http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/tinkerbell.ai
(right click; save target as)

*EDIT* Here it is in EPS (figured that would work better with your software):
http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/tinkerbell.eps

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
be very careful as Disney does not take kindly to use of tinkerbell w/o permission...for your use probably not a problem...but for resale???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts