T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Roland GX-24 and I want to cut some tackle twill, but I'm not sure how to do it. The twill is the sports twill from TwillUSA and has an adhisve backing(once you remove the film). My questions is do I cut all the way through the twill and the film or just the twill itself? I need to cut some numbers for jerseys. Any help would be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Jeff, though I have never used the twill materials, if it's like any other vinyl product that I have used, you will want to cut only through the twill and not the carrier/backing. The backing helps to keep your design together and in position for application to your garment. If you cut all the way through the backing, you will then have to manually position each letter or design element before you can apply it.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The twill with the mylar backing can bu cut usig a 60 degree blade, I think I use about 130 grams of force,and I slow the speed down . ..... JB

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I use the twill from Imprintables but it's basically the same as the stuff from twillusa.com. I use a 60 degree blade and slow the GX-24 down to speed 10. You might want to experiment with the offset function on the cutter as well. It will influence how cleanly the edges are cut, particularly for small lettering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I see you have a GX24... I am also new to this kind od activity. I have bought a used machine and the machine come with a blade 1mm thick. When a went to buy a second blade the sold me one with 2mm thick and they told me is the right one. Can you inform me what is the thickness of your blade.
I will appreciate.

Bernard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts