T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say this is a great material. Just having an issue with cutting.
When I cut fairly small designs I continues to fight the corners not cutting all the way thru resulting in design lifting off carrier during weeding. Then after it lifts it will not stick back down. Making me fight positioning during pressing. I have tryed several different downforce settings. But, haven't had any luck correcting the issue. When I go back to another vinyl product I cut same design with no issues.
Any tips to help with this?
Customers love the soft feel of this product.
Thanks Jimmy

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
Hi Jimmy, I think I saw something mentioned in one of Josh's videos about this product that the sharpness of your blade is very important in the cutting/weeding process for this material.

The blade has to be very sharp, and blades that have been cutting other materials (flock, etc) might have been dulled. How new is the blade you're using?

· Registered
1,855 Posts
I put in extra weeding lines so that I was not doing a large section all at once. My software has that option but you could do it manually by just putting lines in at various places such as in between letters or elements. I found that helps tremendously. A BRAND NEW blade is imperative. Use that blade for ONLY Premium Plus. Mark it somehow so you do NOT use it for any other purpose. Check your overcut and offset. This material is great but it is a little picky about things. I cut rhinestone template material so I am used to that. Just takes dialing in settings. If you are lifting areas when weeding, you are not getting a good cut. I have done a lot of collegiate font names with it. This font has a lot of corners and it did not lift on me. Try the extra cut/weed lines for sure.

· Registered
1,749 Posts
I find Pressure and SPEED has a lot to do with it as well, as soon a slowed down my cutting, Everything weeded so much better!
Can you define "slowed down"? I typically cut a 20 cm/sec but I've seen where others default is more like 50 cm/sec....:)

· Registered
1,855 Posts
Do yourself a favor and change the blade. I cannot stress enough the importance of a NEW blade the first time you cut this vinyl. You can still use your 3 month old blade for other stuff. Get a new one and mark it somehow so you know it is only for the Premium Plus.

· Registered
1,323 Posts
Having to keep and change to and from a separate blade in order to properly use the vinyl seems unusually bothersome. I received a sample of the vinyl and it does have a real nice feel, but personally ease of use is an important part of the equation when deciding on which product to use. Maybe looking forward the product will get some tweaking.

· Registered
1,855 Posts
I guess since I am used to changing blades to go from rhinestone stencil material and some other specialty vinyls that seem to cut better with a 60 degree blade, changing blades does not bother me. All in your personal tolerance of things. Some have gone to having several blade holders so just have to change the holder and not reset the blades for different materials.

· Registered
620 Posts
I'm like Jean and switch from a 60 degree blade for my rhinestone template material and the 45 degree for thinner items such as the vinyl. Right now I have 2 seperate blade holders...one for the 60 and the other for the 45 degree blade. I plan on purchasing a 3rd one so that I have a separate one for the Premium Plus material. That way changing between all 3 blades will be a snap.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think it is softer than superfilm. I haven't used fashion. I have been a Siser easy weed user this past year because of it cuts easy weeds easy but I have never really liked the feel after being pressed. This is why I have been trying the cad cut products.
My opinion is make premium cut easier in the tight corners and make the carrier as sticky as the Siser carrier then a would be 100% sold as the best multiuse product on the market. I will say if u want a soft touch vinyl this is in a class by itself.

· Registered
1,749 Posts
I just cut and weeded 12 designs (same design) with great success using 4 neon colors I purchased (not sample material) from Stahls. I have a Rolan GX-24 and am using a bran new blade at 120 gmf and 20 cm/sec.

Once I changed my blade there was a night and day difference with the sample material I received. Although, I still some trouble with the Navy sample I had....perhaps a batch issue...not sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.