T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me how to cut Transfer paper (JPSS) with a cutter, of course the paper is going back and forth and the cutter is tearing it up. Can someone please help me? I've had my cutter for 2 months and Ken just help me set it up. Thanks Ken, but now I want to cut some things and I have no clue how to do... :confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I truly know nothing about this cutter. I just started playing with it, but I was able to cut out my name. Cool. Any advice would help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't know how you would cut transfer paper without it moving around. Thermoflex has stability because of the backing which never actually gets cut. I imagine the if the graphic was perfectly square you could make sure the rollers were on top of the actual graphic buy why would you need to contour cut a perfect square.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know how you would cut transfer paper without it moving around. Thermoflex has stability because of the backing which never actually gets cut. I imagine the if the graphic was perfectly square you could make sure the rollers were on top of the actual graphic buy why would you need to contour cut a perfect square.
well I figured out how to cut it without it moving around. Now I just need to learn other things I can do like draw pictures and cut them.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ridgely is right you will need to slow the cutter down and it will work you have the speed set up to fast.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for your help. I will try to slow the speed down and see what happens. Thanks again.I'll be back to ask more questions. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks guys for your help. I will try to slow the speed down and see what happens. Thanks again.I'll be back to ask more questions. :)
Qui, I don't know your cutter, but there are some transfer papers I cannot cut on my GX-24 without using a carrier. I purchased a set of them at Walmart based on recommendations from some folks here on the forum and it has helped. Just having a semi-rigid carrier with adhesive seems to keep the paper in place far better than the rollers with certain papers. I've even managed to cut some transfer papers the manufacturer said you couldn't cut with a cutter. Good luck!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I got my LP 24 about a month ago....all I can say is practice, practice and write down the setting that best fit your needs. Believe me...I was about to put it on ebay the first week I had it. (Thanks to Ken I didn't) Have you attempted to "print a cut" ? That's when the real fun begins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there a need to cut jpss? Will the white show up i still havent got my printer in so i cant test this!!! I ordered the epson120 and the ciss system from inkjetcarts.us im hoping this system will work fine with color and all

·
Registered
985 Posts
Is there a need to cut jpss? Will the white show up i still havent got my printer in so i cant test this!!! I ordered the epson120 and the ciss system from inkjetcarts.us im hoping this system will work fine with color and all
Yes, if you are transferring images that has white spaces, or big text, if it not a box, you need to trim it, with xacto knife, scissors, or a cutter.
Other way it will show a noticeable clear border or background.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok so say i had the word CHEER and it was not boxed......i would have to cut around every letter and then manually place them on the garment?

·
Registered
985 Posts
ok so say i had the word CHEER and it was not boxed......i would have to cut around every letter and then manually place them on the garment?
No, the paper has to layers actually. One that is the polymer, where the ink is, and the other is the paper itself.
You don't cut through, just the first layer, then peel off the unwanted parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts