T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty comfy cutting everything w/my graphptech, except the thicker glitter like Hot Fix glitter. I use the 60 degree blade, adjust the downforce, but no mater what I do, it is so difficult to weed. Blade isn't very old (1 month and I don't cut every single day) It never seems to cut smooth. I have spoken with graphtch and Hot Fix. any suggestions> Debbie

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Well the glitter can be a problem,, blade depth is very important,, to much or to less won't cut correctly,, then the down pressure needs to be adjusted,, also and one of the most important is off set,, now also I would suggest getting a high quility blade,, the best I know of is clean cut blade.com Ross is the owners name and he can help you out,, they make thier own blades.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks much. I am using the clean cut that I buy from Specialty Graphics. I will re-read my graphtec manual regarding the offset. I am hell bent on cutting this stuff. I do lots of cheer and dance apparel..That is mainly what I cut.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think you may need to adjust your blade "depth" I cut a thick refelctive vinyl that is a pain if you don't set the blade deep enough or if you don't slow it down (I usually just accept the slowest feed speed when cutting it)

Perhaps if you give us some more detail of what it is/isn't doing we may be able to be more specific

1 - 7 of 7 Posts