T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the least expensive machine/cutter that will cut through flex glitter matieral and car decal material? I need a clean cut obviously but don't have a lot of money sitting around. I spent it all on a good heat transfer machine and a new 6 color Décor.

· Registered
155 Posts
do you have a specific number in mind for your budget? I've seen some very inexpensive ones on several sites, but you have to be a little careful as they are extremely basic models. I just bought a new cutter from Cutterpros and was extremely happy with the communication. The rep here is user BrianHahn. Shoot him a msg and I'm sure they can work out a good deal. You need to be able to answer the following:

What Size Cutter? 12" / 24" / bigger
What's your budget?
Are you looking for a table model or one with a stand? If it's on the table you need something to handle the media.

There are many machines out there that will do just what you want. If you're not opposed to used, check craigslist. Quite a few folks buy the equipment and give up quickly due to the learning curve. You might find a steal that way.

· Registered
771 Posts
Car decal material is easy. Any cutter should be able to cut this.

For thicker and more aggressive materials such as glitter flex, you will use a sharper blade (60 degree). For cutters with less cutting force, you can always do a double or triple pass if needed.

We had someone with a CR series cutter that was cutting an overlaminated decal for a motor bike fuel tank decal. It took him 5 passes on the cutter to cut through the stackup but he was successful. We were able to cut it on a Saga servo in 1 pass. Vinyl cutters are good at retracing paths, especially over shorter distances.

So just about any cutter can cut through any material using multi-pass cutting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.